Account under investigation from 8/21 Still under investigation.

Around December 2012 i was on a forum website, Thetechgame.com, And i actually fell for a scam that promised a black ops 2 level glitch, And i had to give over my account details. I gave them over and almost instantly my password was changed along with the recovery email. I have been under investigation since the 21st of august.
The reason I didn't report it earlier is because the "hacker" never did anything, so i just breezed it off. But recently he started messaging people through my account. I didn't want that happening so i called support.
I need my account back with the upcoming releases of games that come out soon.
My Gamertag on that account is lEsBiAn CaT.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Anyone?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just forget about that account and move on.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't just forget about account that i've had for 5 years, that has all my ranks on all my games. All my saves. All the stuff i've bought.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi FaZe,

I seem to recall, and can't find it anywhere, but when an account is under investigation it's locked for 30 days while the investigation takes place. You should hear something back around September 20.

-

I know it may not be what you want to hear, but there is still hope.

Sorry this didn't help.

Faze Cloudberry,

The investigation you are talking about is called an escalation. What that means is you called support and filed an unauthorized access case in which they lock your account and find out who exactly has been accessing it. This is suppose to be for cases when people steal your account and use the payment options on file to buy stuff from the marketplace or when they break rules to get you banned. They are currently taking 20 days to be filed as they are backed up from all the security proof updates customers are going through. If you have any questions on whether or not that have got to your case you can call support and provide them with the service request number for your case. If you don't have that number or if they didn't provide you with one then give them your Microsoft account and they can pull it up that way. There isn't really any way to rush this as no one has contact with the people doing the investigation. Your just kind of playing the waiting game till they take control of your account and finish the investigation. Once its completed, they will send you an email, have you update your security proofs and passwords, then everything will be unlocked and as long as you don't share your account info with anyone else and keep everything up to date, you will never be at risk for losing your account again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think yoir only solution is to contact xbox as these days it takes bout 20 days for them to address the issue but with all the backups security proofs things may be delayed longer

Sorry this didn't help.