Account Threatened

So these two users, [GTs REMOVED] threatened to hack my account today. It was during a match-made game on Halo Reach (http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=625488333&player=Kalyx%20triaD%20360).

Idle threats are idle, of course, but in the event that they make good on their word: I need to know support staff sees this. So when I contact them about any modification of my account I can assure that a report was documented both on their GT and in the forums. I had a friend who had his account hacked and to my shock and disappointment support staff did not give it back to him - even after giving all manner of verification and proof. I've been a user for years, I'm very invested in my account (the second since XBL's inception) and I'd hate to lose it due to criminal activity and weak support.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Unless you give them your log in details, your WLID and password are incredibly easy to guess or a miracle on a par with Jesus feeding the 40,000 happens they can't hack your account. Moreover if they were capable of hacking your account they wouldn't be giving you fair warning and time to change your password and/or WLID. I stick money they offered a caveat along the lines of "but if you give us x amount of MS points we won't do it", again why would they be satisfied with a trifling amount of MS points when they could hack the account and help themselves to whatever they wanted with you footing the bill? Also you can't name and shame here regardless of what they're alleged to have done. You could be making it up for all we know (not accusing you of that btw).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand any kind of doubt, and dropping names was rash of me, I agree.

My own saving grace, and disadvantage, is my online identity is persistent. This builds legitimacy with support staff (EA helped me solve an account situation when they seen my online moniker was consistent). But on the other hand I'm about as vulnerable to shady individuals as a politician.

They gave no ultimatum, just as my friend received none two years ago when he got hacked. That's why I cautious. Thanks for reassurance, in any case.

Sorry this didn't help.

File complaints against them and set them to avoid while you're at it.

Sorry this didn't help.