Account suspended - payment options

This is a mini rant, last week, someone stole my xbox live account and stole £85 of my mums money from her credit card, so she rung up microsoft and after a long talk they said they'd refund her money and remove her credit card details from my account, but now it's saying I'm suspended from xbox live due to payment options, and I can't sign in using my hotmail on anything because 'there has been too many incorrect passwords' so I've had to make another email just to write this. I don't understand why microsoft doesn't just add a 'remove credit card info' on the xbox and save everyone a lot of trouble and frustration.

Xbox has always dissapointed me, due to poor connection and little security (But of course more security than sony ¬_¬) and after this, I'm tempted to sell my xbox and put the money towards a better PC. So if anyone could help figure out what I can do to be able to sign into my hotmail and become unsuspended, it would be much appreciated.

Gamertag - d3mondude

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

1) You should be keeping your personal information private. You should not be telling anyone your e-mail/password associated with your Live account. You should also be using an e-mail account just for XBL that you do not use for any other service or website.

2) When your Mum removed her credit card from the account, if there were any active Live subscriptions attached to it they would have been cancelled and you should be receiving a redeem token for the remaining Live time, if there is any, within 3-5 business days of the cancellation date.

3) In order to redeem more Live time on your account you will need one of two things. Either a valid credit/debit card or a pre-paid card. I always opt for the latter.

4a) If you are experiencing poor connection then you should be looking at your network configuration and your ISP package. To be sure it is not an issue on your end go to Speedtest.net and run three tests; one close to you, one far from you, and one in between. Then post the results here so we can help you further.

4b) If you are experiencing security issues, namely with your account then you should read and practice Account Security for XBL

5) Usually when someone is suspended for payment options it means they owe MS money. Have your Mum contact support and resolve the billing issue. Once that is done you should be able to get back on XBL (if your Mum decides to renew a subscription for you).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[Mod removed: profanity]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.