Account suspended due to a payment problem

My account (GT: Zomba13) was suspended apparently due to a payment problem. This is probably because the account was first payed for by my father as we shared the account back on the original xbox and he kept paying as it was easier. His card expired a bit ago and I thought that I'd just lose gold at the end of it (which I'm fine with) but my account has been suspended and I can't play ANY of my XBLA games. I mean I can, but it's saying I don't own them. I've even changed the payment thing to my card as that is what it seemed to want but I'm still locked out of my games and quite frankly don't even want XBL gold any more.

Is there a way to just get my account back to silver? That way I can play my games and buy stuff right? I really don't want to pay for this service any more but I suppose if I need to pay for months that I had but weren't charged for due to my fathers card expiring I will.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The recommended option for cancelling your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is to turn off automatic renewal.

Go to My Account.

Click Sign In (upper-right corner) and type your Windows Live ID information (if you’re not already signed in).

Next to Automatic Renewal, click Change.

Change your automatic renewal setting to OFF.

If you would like to cancel it with immediate effect, you will need to go to the following like and click 'Request a Call' at the bottom right of the page.

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Thanks!

James

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.