Account suspended because of nonpayment...

Got this message today so I tried adding a new card and kept getting that it wasn't a valid CC number on both xbox.com and my console. I then got annoyed and just bought a 3 month subscription card and tried entering it on xbox.com...every time I try this I get this "An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later." I said okay maybe something is just wrong with xbox.com and tried it on my console and I got some stupid error code "80169D3A." I really don't know what to do at this point.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Xbox Live (Accounts) are currently experiencing a "Service Alert."

From the "Xbox Live Status" page at support.xbox.com

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

* Creating new Xbox LIVE accounts, managing those accounts, or recovering an account on a different console

* Buying downloadable items from the Xbox 360 console, Xbox.com, or Games for Windows – LIVE

* Paying for downloadable items with a credit card

* Redeeming downloadable items with Microsoft Points, buying additional Microsoft Points, or viewing your points balance

* Using prepaid cards or codes for downloadable items or Xbox LIVE subscriptions

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there.

Just to make you aware - You cannot pay off an oustanding balance by using a pre-paid xbox LIVE subscription card, it can only be resolved via a valid credit/debit card. You could try signing into www.billing.microsoft.com and see if you can assign a new card through that, if you can then you will also be able to settle your outstanding balance via that website too.

Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.