Account Stolen, Migrated to Russia and can't be migrated back?!?! Continued!

Please do not suggest an answer and lock posting on this thread Gwyther.  My last post in the previous thread was not an acceptable answer in anyway what so ever.  A question is not answered until the problem is resolved.  That is not how this situation should end if Microsoft wishes to keep loyal customers.  I am reposting my info and a link to the original thread to keep updating this until the problem is actually resolved.  

Original Thread: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/99880.aspx 

Info-

On 9/4 my XBox Live account was stolen and then migrated to Russia and my credit card charged for Microsoft points.  I Promptly called Microsoft and they put it into investigation and locked the account.  While on the phone with the rep. we managed to get the password reset and I gained control of the account again.  After a couple of weeks the account was given back to me with full control, 10/3, and my money refunded except for one big issue.................the account is still migrated to Russia.  I was told today on the phone there is no way for them to migrate it back to the United States.  As an 8 year subscriber to XBox Live with multiple purchases, downloads, and my gamerscore I find this practice completely ridiculous.  Why have an option for a migration if it can not be reversed?!  It is an open door for criminals to completely *** loyal customers.  I was told I could receive compensation but that doesn't mean anything if I can not have the full functionality of my account back.  Because it is in russian I can not read anything, watch any videos, use netflix or download anything.

Is this anyway to treat a loyal customer?  I don't think so and I am severely disappointed that I am being told nothing can be done.  They put the account back into investigation to have it migrated back but I was told multiple times it isn't possible.  So I don't know what they hope to achieve except offer me the loss of my 8 years of XBox gaming and the option to use a new account.  I'm furious!!  And yes this is my original account I am posting from it via the translator in google chrome.  

Current Status-

I got a call yesterday from the XBox exceptions team with the same information as I have been told previously. There is no way to migrate the account back to the united states at the moment. We are working on it and do not have a timeframe for when it will be fixed. We do not know the exact code or law that prevents us from doing this.

They did give me a 3 month code for xbox live gold though...........but I won't be using it I have no desire to play xbox anymore unless I have my original account back in full working order. Having 8 years of games and DLC unavailable to me just completely killed my desire to play.  I'll go back to PC gaming there are a lot of good releases coming soon with Star Wars The Old Republic and maybe even Diablo 3.

And I have to think that there has to be a security breach or something going on at Microsoft. My friend just got hacked as well and his credit card charged of course he was lucky and didn't have his account migrated.   And considering all the cases of this on this forum it really points to something.  I'll continue to update as things progress.........

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

All: I understand your issue, and like I have posted many times before, if you have issues with your UA, please contact them through phone support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You think the outcome of my case is acceptable? What if this was your original 8 year old xbox live account that got compromised and migrated to russia?  How would you feel?  I see you have numerous arcade games on your account how would you like to lose all those games you paid for?  If you ever delete any of those or get a new xbox you can not redownload those games on your newly russian account.  Once your live time expires you can not renew that account unless you have a russian credit card.  So you lose everything you paid for over the years, would you be ok with that?

And all i'm asking is that my posts not be suggested as answers as was done in the previous thread and then lock the thread as if the problem is resolved.  If the case was resolved there wouldn't still be an open case.  I want to keep updating as the case progresses so other people can see what is going on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well posting makes me feel a little bit better about it I have to say lol You are right i'm sure that these posts will not be at the next board meeting though.......and I would pay to have an account remade with all my games, achieves etc.  Doubt that is even possible though......

Sorry this didn't help.

@me  "What has happened in your case is compounded by the fact you're punished again and again... perhaps MS could find a way (for a fee of course) of re-instating games and achievements and DLC to a new account after terminating your existing account."

That's another source of income there... selling people the right to carry on playing the games they've already purchased... I should be a vice chairman for MS or at least doing seminars. ;-)

I have thought of creating a secure payment company to prevent online account theft and I'd only charge $1 per year per person I'd make $7,000,000 just on xbox accounts...

Sorry this didn't help.

There are many options and after Stepto had his account compromised (like my own to a much lesser degree than yourself) I thought that as it had finally 'come home' to someone of sufficient status in the company that some action would be taken.

I'm sure many would applaud any counter theft steps taken by any large company but the company MUST weigh up moral commitments against financial costs and income. I'm sure there are some people out there who have found their account stolen and like myself able to recover it and change their password (I own a PC so it doesn't affect me) and rather than be punished twice and lose their account for months through a UAI they simply choose to accept the financial loss in order to continue with their achievements and online enjoyment.

I'm sure some people have not even noticed when they've been compromised as nothing has changed and a lot of people compromised seem to have not used their accounts for a few months before the theft.

THOSE are a source of income I would not want to lose if I ran a company even though morally I should. The same applies if you have to start over and purchase the same games and DLC again... or whether you have to buy a new console... all are excellent sources of income above and beyond existing profit.

Just because something is morally wrong does not make it legally wrong and moderators here have no power to change corporate direction they are like the rest of us who work for a big company, they have to listen to complaints but can merely nod sympathetically or politely dissuade.

I myself come to vent but it's only to make me feel a little less angry (it doesn't) and is in no way aimed at anyone.

It's good for us to make our points and warn others but I don't think there will be print outs of our posts and the next board meeting of MS.

What has happened in your case is compounded by the fact you're punished again and again... perhaps MS could find a way (for a fee of course) of re-instating games and achievements and DLC to a new account after terminating your existing account. I hope so anyway.

Sorry this didn't help.

Whiskeytango thanks a ton for the info that makes me feel a lot better. I am in contact with an analyst myself but he did not have a timeframe and did not say if the account could be migrated back directly.  He said that there currently isn't a way to do it but maybe things have changed in the 2 weeks mine has been involved with him.  The last communication with him sounded like something is being done though as he said the account "has not been migrated back YET".  So that yet gives me hope and judging from another post on here people have been told it is a possibility.  So fingers crossed I will be able to enjoy some MW3 when it comes out!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Gwyther, I hope what you are saying about not having a way to migrate an account to the US is not permanent. Because quite a few of us have had our accounts migrated elsewhere overseas.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still waiting......

Sorry this didn't help.

Hopefully you guys are able to get your accounts migrated back, I do got hijacked and my paypal was used to buy FIFA UT's. Luckily my account didn't get migrated though. Hopefully XBOX actually learns how to treat its loyal customers.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Sentnel"]

Please do not suggest an answer and lock posting on this thread Gwyther.  My last post in the previous thread was not an acceptable answer in anyway what so ever.

[/quote]

It may not have been an acceptable answer to you but it is the correct course of action for your situation. People get answers here all the time that they do not like to hear but it does not make them any less valid a solution, especially when a SUPPORT AGENT responds to the post.

Sorry this didn't help.