Account Stolen, Migrated to Russia, 3 months ago

On August 8th, 2011 I received 2 emails from Xbox. One saying I purchased 10,000 Microsoft points and the other saying I subscribed to Xbox Live for another year. I did neither. Then I received another email saying I moved that subscription to Russian which I didn't do either. I immediately called Xbox support and they said they would investigate it. They told me 21 days. After 21 days I got another email saying it would take an extra 30 days. After 2 months, I called asking what is going on because it has past the period in which I was given. The rep told his manager and his manager was supposed to email the investigation team to get this thing figured out and told me I should hear something back in a week. It's been almost 3 weeks since then and I haven't even received an email from them. I called again today and all the rep could tell me is they haven't had a scheduled time to call me yet because they will need to before this will get resolved. She told me this means that "they're still not close to being finished." Almost 3 months now, and they're still not close to being finished? This is getting absolutely ridiculous. I am able to sign on to my account on Xbox.com, but almost everything is in Russian beside this forum. Can anyone tell me why this is taking so long?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately, no.  You are in support limbo.  Forum ops here will try to help you by looking into the status of your open SR/UA but short of actually following up with the escalation team internally through backchannels and doing so in a consistent manner in order to speed up the process -- won't happen.  The support teams, including their 'supervisors', are isolated from the PET/fraud investigations teams - at least that's the standard line.  While I'm sure some informal backchannel communication can and does go on; unless you find the person who will actually do it for you -- you're out of luck.  Sit and wait.

If you're able to sign on your xbox.com account (as am I) then take that as a suggestion they haven't even began to look into your UA.  They may have invalidated your payment method on file as a precaution (this is something the first level support tier can do) but it's likely you're not being looked at.  The last four SR/UAs I opened (since May) at least resulted in my account being locked out during the said investigation.  Thus I wouldn't have been able to write this response to you.  So my UA is still open (I check thrice weekly) but I have no indication it's otherwise being actively looked at by anyone at the PET/fraud level.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

3 months ago, and they're still not looking out for me? This shows you the kind of customer service they have. I have always been a big fan of Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox Live but this is definitely changing my mind. I might start looking for other options.

Sorry this didn't help.

*buries head in hands*

When you're finished listening to Walter Mitty I'd suggest just waiting for the moment. If you've still had no progress by the end of next week, phone them again and do not hang up until they tell you exactly why it's taking so long. If they say they'll pass it along to someone who'll be in touch ask to be put through to them right then and repeat the process.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="VernierSlake"]

*buries head in hands*

[/quote]

Exactly what you and Microsoft are good at.

If you insist on the name calling and badgering, right back at ya.  I only replied to what the individual wrote, provided my opinion and didn't name call or bring you into the subject.  If you want to continue such direct personalized commenting, private IM me.  Otherwise simply state "you disagree", provide your opinion or advice and move on.  Your criticisms take away from your otherwise constructive and helpful public suggestions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey OP - since you're coming up on 84 days since you filed your UA, and that's well beyond our acceptable timeline of 25-30 days, we'd like to help. :) If you can, please Private Message me the following (on the forums only, please - no Xbox LIVE messages): Your GT, The Date you had filed your UA claim, and your SR number. Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Dang man, hopefully you get it solved.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey OP - let us know how it goes. I had this exact same thing happen to me on August 10, 2011. I have been calling weekly and keep getting told the same, the escalation team has no time frame for getting your account back to the US. I did get a refund, just waiting on the account to be transferred back to the US.

Sorry this didn't help.

My account got migrated to Russia on 11/7/11 and 1600 points were used. Xbox live told me it would take them 28 days. I use to brag to my friends how secure Xbox was because we paid and that was why PSN was weak. Sad I have to eat crow.

Sorry this didn't help.