Account reverted to Child Account

This nightmare started in Jan 2010 and I am hoping 2 years later there is a solution.

I am an adult and have been for many years. In 2009 I added my CC and promoted my account to "Adult" and it worked fine.

Then in Jan 2010 I changed GT and Live ID and since then its reverted back to Child Status. I have a Promote Account button showing up again and a "Leave Family" option. I am not a part of any family so I cannot leave one. I tried adding my CC again and it ended up in an error.

I called XBL support in Feb last year and they said that my account was "Adult" (Successfully Promoted) and they were aware of this problem people were experiencing. I was asked to wait a few months as it would automatically be resolved. It never way.

The problem with this Child account nonsense is I am unable to access some content and its a pain. Is there a fix for this yet?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Mister, I have never heard of this kind of issue before--sorry to hear about the troubles! Do you happen to have the SR number from that call so I can take a look at it, to see everything the agent looked into? If so, please send me a PM (use the envelope icon below my post) with the SR  number and a link to this thread. If not, please just post back in this thread, and we'll see what we can dig up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.