Account Renewal

This is a message to all. My Xbox live gold account is about to expire in January and unlike some people I'm not sure if I have enough money after Christmas to renew it. But I will have a surplus of Microsoft points. I'm just wondering if there is a way to use my points to renew my gold account. And if not could Microsoft make it an option in the future. I'm not sure if this has brought up before but if it has can some one let me know. Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I think you are the first live member that I ever heard ask that question. That being said, I'm not sure if that is even an option at this point, but, I think it is a great idea. After all Microsoft points is money. Why not try calling 1-800-4-myxbox and se if you can get a quicker respnse straight from the Xbox team. If you do call them, please come back to the forums and let everyone know what they said, I'm sure all members would be interested in hearing the results!

Ghost Of Crete

Tony Evans

[quote user="Ghost Of Crete"]I think you are the first live member that I ever heard ask that question.[/quote]

Its been mentioned many times and it has never been welcomed by microsoft.

thanks for the info

Good idea but I don't think Microsoft will listen to us gamers. I could be wrong though.

Cheers for the response guys. Its a shame they don't have the option. Thanks again for all the input.

[quote user="iMaGiCiix"]

Good idea but I don't think Microsoft will listen to us gamers.[/quote]In this specific case they shouldn't. There is very good reasons to why Microsoft do not allow users to purchase subscriptions with virtual money.

If you keep an eye out, there are deals for 1 year of LIVE for $35-$40 that seem to be popping up at least every other week lately. Or if you let your account expire, there's a good chance you'll see a deal on the dashboard for 1 month for $1. You'll have to remember to cancel the auto-renew for that one, but that's still one way to get by cheaply.