Account Renewal Options?

So my account was suspended and before I can use it again, I have to give Microsoft $60 for a 1 year subscription. However, when I go to enter a new payment option, it gives me the choice to redeem a code. Can I just buy a 1 year card and enter that code? Will that get rid of the suspension?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There is a way to do this, if you speak with an Xbox LIVE support agent. Use the Click2Call system to get to the head of the queue. Right now, the hold time is less than a minute per the web page.

1) Go to http://support.xbox.com

2) At upper right click on SIGN IN to sign in w/ your Windows Live ID & pswd

3) Go to the dark grey bar at bottom. Find CONTACT US at left and click on it

4) On the Contact Us page, set Prduct to Billing and Subscriptions, set Category to Manage Payment Options and Issue Type to Other

5) Scroll down to REQUEST A CALL FROM SUPPORT and click on REQUEST A CALL

6) You will be prompted for your password again

7) On the Request A Call screen, check (and, if needed, update) your phone number in Step 1, and put your description in the Step 2 'Tell us more about your issue' box then click the green SUBMIT button at lower left.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The account was suspended because MS wasn't able to bill whatever payment option was on file when the subscription actually renewed, so you're not paying for a full new year, but one that was already started and that you probably had access to. :)

If you would rather do prepaid cards I would recommend once you had one to call support because if you try to add it directly to the account it won't let you and just give you an error code.

However, if you have the prepaid card with you and call them, they should be able to help you out with that one.

Or, if you pay off the balance they could probably help you find something that would work for you subscription wise and put what you just paid towards the new subscription.

Just some info! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.