Account Region

Just Before people start Hating, All you have to do is go through a few pages on the xbox live support forums, and there are lists and lists of people who all want the same thing.. For Microsoft to finally solve the Account Region Problem..

Here's my Story, alike many others..

My Name is Jack, I moved from the UK to Australia in 2008 for a better lifestyle for my family and I. My Dad bought me an xbox, which I brought over with me from the UK. I later realised that I'd have to make an Australian Account to buy Microsoft points, but I decided i'd just let aunties and Uncles from the UK buy them for me and post them over to save hassle. Earlier, I put 2100 MSP onto my little brothers account ( Also UK ) and it went on fine..

Then went on to buy the New Rezurrection map packs for Black Ops, but it says that It's not available in my Region... With this problem, I rang up Microsoft Support, whom I must say weren't the most help that i've ever received. Some nice chap called Mohammed Talked me through the website to where I can change my Region so I can finally buy the points.. But to my Disappointment, Australia wasn't there, So Mohammed bluntly said there was nothing that he could do, Wished me a good day and hung up...

Now I wouldn't have much of a problem, but there is $30 worth of MSP on an account that is currently useless? Which is quite annoying.. I've gone through the forums, and it seems that Microsoft really need to solve this problem.. 

The Site currently has: Ceska Republika, South Africa, Chile, colombia, magyar, polska, brazil, Russia

Which I suppose is quite good, but, according to http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPROSPECTS/Resources/334934-1199807908806/Top10.pdf. Not many people Emigrate to these countries, except for Russia..

All I would like to see is Microsoft to Finally add some highly Emigrated countries to the list ( USA, UK, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN, FRANCE, CANADA, ITALY etc... )

Regards..

Jack

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Some content are region-locked, meaning you won't be able to download them.

So you will need to make an Australia account and purchase Australian Microsoft Points in order to download the region-locked content.

You can still use your UK account, but only if they don't have any regio locks on the content.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I fail to see how the points you purchased for the UK account are rendered useless. You can still use them on content that is not REGION RESTRICTED. In order to buy the Black Ops Map Packs you must actually live in the same region as your account region. That is how region restricted content works.

Your only choices here are one of two:

1-Create a new Australian account (to reflect where you live as well) and add Australian MSP to it then download the map pack(s).

2-Go back to the UK and download the content with your UK account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.