Account Recovery

Alright, this is what happened.

I originally had my live account on my friends XBox, as I didn't have one yet.  When I did, I performed an account recovery and shifted it over to mine.  No issues, everything moved.

I moved in with the same friend about a month ago.  I had been planning on getting the wireless attachment for my XBox, but decided instead to simply move it back over to his XBox, since I would be playing on that more than on my own.  However, when I did, it changed the username back to what it had been before (I had changed it from Brn2BPwned to Privat3_J0hns0n) and none of my points, achievements, or credits moved with it, and it also states that I need to sign up for an XBox Gold account, which I already had previously (12 month subscription).

I am in need of assistance in fixing this, as I don't want to attempt to set up the live account a second time and end up getting two charges instead of one, nor do I want to lose a record of what I have done so far.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It sounds to me like you moved an offline profile to a friend's console via xbox LIVE. If your account hadnt been online, and you recovered it to your friends console via xbox LIVE, then you pretty much lost everything, as your account hadnt been able to contact the servers to update when you got new achievements, and since the last time your account had been online was at your friends, the achievements you had last time you were online would be all the system knew you had. All achievements you had gotten offline wouldnt be able to carry over. The way to prevent this from happening again, is to sign onto xbox live with your profile before you recover it, if you havent been online in a while. This way everything can update on the servers. If you recover your account without getting online with if for a while, the account pulls up from the data stored in the servers, which has not been updated since the last time you were online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also, as far as moving a profile around, you should put it on a USB storage device instead of using the recovery tool.

Sorry this didn't help.

Instead of moving your HardDrive around, you can just put it on a USB Storage Devise and do it that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, as far as moving a profile around, you should put it on a USB storage device instead of using the recovery tool.

Sorry this didn't help.

Instead of moving your profile around, just use a USB storage devise instead of the recovery tool.

Sorry this didn't help.

or just call microsoft or use your hard drive on your xbox only

Sorry this didn't help.