Account Recovery

Hi, I'm [Mod Removed] . I have a dilemma and I can't resolve it. It is a very complicated and rare circumstance. To start, My closest friend, [Mod removed]  or SchematicCrayon, has recently lost access to Xbox Live because the account requires security updates. However, Mark did not create the account and it is not under his email, because the account was created for him by his older brother, Tyler. The problem is, Tyler passed away in a automotive accident in 2008. The account had not been an Issue because he had always continued to play on the same Xbox. I am a dear friend of both Tyler and Mark and was also involved in the accident. I have gone through many different processes to try and get access to the account but Mark and I simply do not have enough information. I would like to get his account back for him but, since neither of us are the "actual" account holder, I haven't been able to recover it. I'm not sure if anyone can help me here, but it is worth another shot. I will post the News article of the crash if maybe to prove our Identities. 

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9807354

Please Help,

Sincerely, 

[Mod Removed]

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The best thing to do is call into phone support, get Account Management and get it escalated for a password reset. You would need the email saying 'Sorry you did not provide enough information' and it would need to be within 30 days.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I got turned down by them and they told me to fill out the same form I did previously again.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are turned down by the Care Advocacy Team there are only two options, try again with the Care Advocacy Team, or make a new account sadly. The CAT is about as high up in Microsoft as something can go for issues such as this. Remember that if Tyler filled created the account, he may have used his information, so try using that when attempting to gain access to the account.

Sorry this didn't help.