Account recover

I had started playing gears 3 and realized I had been reset, thinking deleting my profile might fix that so I deleted it and cleared my casche when I tried to recover it said my password was wrong( positive it was right) so I just changed it so now it still won't let me recover it with new password I can sign I'm on here an Microsoft accounts, and recovered a different gt so I know it's not my xbox

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey mate, sounds like your security might not be up to date. First check your security proofs are up to date and verified by following the link and clicking 'Manage your security info' and sign-in: support.xbox.com/.../add-security-proof

-

Also make sure you didn't enable two-step verification as you would need to create a new app password for the Xbox console following the steps here: support.xbox.com/.../error-code-8015d002

-

If you're still having issue delete the profile from the console (profile only), clear the system cache 3 times. Restart the console and re-download your profile.

-

Delete and re-download profile: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Clear system cache: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's not the problem already went through security everything should be fine I'm signed I'm on this right now bit I just can't recover this account on my xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

If your password is working online but not on the Xbox, it does sound like you have Two Factor Authentication enabled, and thus need an app password for the Xbox.

There's more information on that here.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.