Account "stolen". Help?

I was out all day yesterday, and when I came home around 3 AM I discovered that someone used my gamertag yesterday.  They played FIFA 12, a game that neither me nor anyone who could potentially access my account owns.  Upon further investigation, I found out that they also spent 2,760 MSP on a "PREMIUM GOLD PACK".  On the billing history, the transaction looks really shady; it shows up as 23 different transactions, each worth 120 MSP.  I'm pretty sure that the premium pack costs much more than 2700 MSP too.

Now ready for the weirdest part of this all?  This person did not make any charges to my credit card, or change my password.  I was able to change it this morning.  Anyone have an idea as to what could have possibly happened to me and what I should do?  Something just doesn't add up here.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Change your password and call support and open an unauthorized access ticket.  1-800-469-9269 in North America

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did change my password with no problems.  What is an unauthorized access ticket?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's an investigation into your account, how the person got in, what was taken and so forth, it also locks down your account to prevent further purchases by the thief. When it finds in your favour you get a refund and your account back, shouldn't take any longer than a week.

Premium Gold Packs for FIFA are related to the game's Ultimate Team mode. People buy the packs either with in game currency or MS points and then get players to add to their team. Quality of the players are related to the colour of the pack Gold's top level La Liga, Serie A, Premiership players and the like (Rooney, Messi et al). The packs cost between 80 and 280 MS points. 

Sorry this didn't help.