ACCOUNT PROBLEMS ***FIX ASAP***

My xbox had been having problems for about 3 hours (Freezing, restarting games, etc.) but then it froze and I went to start it up. When I did it took a very long time to load and when it finally did I was not connected to xbox live. I tested my connection which was perfectly fine and said I could sign in to my account but when I went to sign in got the error code: 80151911. I then went to Xbox support who told me my account needed to be 'Refreshed' The steps for this were to delete my profile and recover it along with some other steps of reverting my connection to factory settings, clearing my xbox cache and restarting my xbox numerous times. My Xbox would not let me delete my profile but would let me delete others. The support rep told me to skip the step I then went to download my profile after a few other steps with another issue: I could not recover my account. I received the error code: 80070020. The rep told me we were almost finished the process when my computer crashed. I haven't been able to get a hold of support since and desperately need help. If there is anyone who can help me please do so ASAP!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey blakester,

Apologies for the delayed response. I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to Xbox Live.

If you are still running into issues with those error codes, you will really want to get back in touch with our Phone Support team. They'll be best equipped moving forward to look into your account and work with you on getting things sorted out. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My son has almost the identical problems blakester39 had a year ago. Same two error codes. Several chats to solve the problems have not helped at all. We, too, tried to get phone support but can't even find a number. The link from Mister Fizzle does not give any phone number. Any ideas? Please help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Please do not bump an old thread that is over a year old.  The link indeed gives you many options to contact support including the option of receiving a phone call.

Sorry this didn't help.