Account problems after migrating to new console

About a week ago I got a new Xbox Slim and moved all data (installed games, arcade/on-demand games, DLC, profiles, etc.) from my dying Elite to the Slim via USB sticks; transfer files to sticks from old console, transfer files to new console from sticks. After that I did a license transfer via the Slim's account settings for both my own account (gold) and my wife's silver account. Everything works fine on my account, but my wife's account has the following problems:

• Launching any retail game (i.e. one on disc, regardless of installed or not) signs her out of XBL. She has to sign back in to XBL on the game's title screen in order to play.
  • Trying to play any arcade game allows her to play only the trial version.
  • Trying to play any on-demand game doesn't work at all. Instead a window pops open with the title "Xbox Store" reading "Can't launch <name of game>." Downloading a game again via the download history allows her to play it, but she gets signed out just like when playing a retail game (see above).
  • This happens when trying to play games bought both before and after migrating to the new console.

I don't know if this is important or not, but we buy all games, DLC, etc. on my account. We have done so since we got our first Xbox360 in 2006, and it never was a problem. Since I can play everything just fine, I'm starting to believe that this might be the cause of our problems, but I'm not sure.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey mate, what's going on is when you do a license transfer, for it to actually take effect you need to re-download the content on the console.

-

So basically when you download something, any profile can use it on the console it was originally downloaded on. If you download it to a different console the only way for that person to use the content is by having your account signed-in on a second controller and her profile should be able to access the content.

-

So my advice is to just re-download the content from your purchase history as if your wife wants to use it. I wouldn't go to the effort of re-downloading everything you've bought unless she wants to use it though that is entirely up to you.

-

You can view your download history like so: support.xbox.com/.../view-download-history

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, re-downloading on-demand games solves the issue only partially because she still gets kicked off XBL and has to sign back in. And since she also gets kicked off XBL when launching a retail game (i.e. one from disk) that doesn't even have DLC yet (e.g. Diablo III), this doesn't really help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.