Account Not Valid - This account isn't valid.

So I let my friend recover one of my gamertags for Halo 3 and it had reverted to silver a while back so I was in no urgent rush to get back on it. Then I get a HD PVR so decided to go through all my accounts I played Halo 3 with and capture some clips. But when it came this account I couldn't remember the email for my life.. Phoned up Xbox support but as I should've realised, if I didn't know the email they can't help me. Anyway, I remembered the email and the password but whenever I try to recover this account it shows an error screen although it only reads "Account Not Valid" - "This account isn't valid".

I would really appreciate any help in getting back on this account because it's the best named gamertag I have :-).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is that this Gamertag? Also, it is against the Terms of Use to let other people use your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Not it is not this account and I wasn't using the tag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! To clarify what Portia said, if you create an account, it is against the Terms of Use for someone else to use it. In any event, without knowing the log in information, there is nothing we can do to help out. If you are seeing this message, then I assume the information you are trying to enter is incorrect. What happens when you try to log in to Xbox.com or Live.com with this information?

Sorry this didn't help.

When I couldn't remember my email I phoned up support line and of course, they couldn't tell me it. then a couple days passed and I remember when YouTube/Google partnered up I needed a Gmail account and it just so happened to be that one. I have all the emails from it and my password stays the same. If I type it incorrectly it tells me so, when I do it with the right details it tells me "Account Not Valid".

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, in that case I guess the error message is correct. As for what to do about it, I'm not entirely sure. Normally I'd direct an issue like this to phone support, but if they can't do anything about it, I'm stumped. I guess I would suggest using a different account, since this one is an older one, right? Sorry I can't be of more help here.

Sorry this didn't help.