I have posted a few comments on other posts from other users and I have been told that I should start a new thread as they were old threads!
So here is what happened; I waited years for Xbox to allow account migration and I was so excited when I first tried to change regions! However I have come across lots of issues and will list to the best of my ability what, so far I have done to try get my account migrated to a new region:
I moved from the UK to Australia! I followed the instructions to migrate my account and got the SUCCESSFUL ACCOUNT MIGRATION email BUT the dashboard and market place were for the wrong region (wrong region apps and currency). I have been in touch with Xbox support online three separate times and wasted probably 2 hours of both their time and mine!
I'm going to try a few more things later and I have been escalated in the Xbox support tier system they have. I know that all my games are cross region ok and most of them I purchased here in Australia (and played on a UK account).
The account migration feature is excellent (I have waited almost 4 years for it) but I wish Xbox could work out a solution.
I have tried:
Cache>clean again x 5
Power off> wait 30 minutes >power on
In all combinations shapes and ways!
I know that another account I have (free one) with Australian created account works first time!
Now I have just gone in and deleted my old credit card details from the UK bank, as I want to use an Australian bank card! As I live in Australia.
I have now found out that my billing address and contact details have reverted back to a place a used to live years ago in the UK, not even the correct details for the credit use to purchase the latest UK subscription to Xbox live (well dodgy!). This means that they have kept my payment details on record and somehow reverted back to them! Not sure I like this! I also cannot no change the local region on the website! I could do this a few days ago and now it's stuck on the UK as the website region! If I try to add a new credit card it comes up with the UK by default and it can't be changed. So I am now in the situation of not been able to change anything or access the Australian download content. Looked at trying re-migrate the account and no surprise I can't because it worked last week and you can only migrate once every three months (maybe they should allow it more than once in a 48 hour period, to try fix these issues).
After reading the other posts I hope to get a speedy fix, but I know some guys have waited months and got nothing sorted. It's only been 3 or 4 days but I'm not going to hold my breath!