Account Migration Help

Hi all,

back on November 10th, I submitted an online request to migrate my Xbox Live Account region from the US to the UK.  I got an email verification of this almost immediately and a web page advising me to update my billing and contact details which I promptly did.

The guidance on the website indicates that the process should take between 4-6 weeks but I'm now into week 8 and I'm still seeing the US dashboard when I log into my console (indicated by certain advertisements and all prices being in USD).

I've tried recovering my gamertag a few times in case something was cached locally.  Is there anything else I can try or is there something I'm missing?

thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there,

-

Did you perform the steps on this link?

support.xbox.com/.../change-region

If not, please try it (or try it again)

-

Let us know the results

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi There WPAK - thanks for the tip but I'd already been through that.  I tried reviewing my address settings again for good measure and as another troubleshooting step, I removed my payment option with a view to re-adding it.  However, when I do this, it won't let me add a credit card with a non-US region setting.  (It says, "Country/Region: United States" and it's greyed out so I can't change it.  This seems to suggest to me at least that either I've missed something somewhere or the process got stuck mid-account migration.

I also tried initiating an account migration again but that returned an error presumably because I've initiated that once already in the last 90 days.  So I guess that's expected behavior.

Any further thoughts or suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

Something else I just noticed is that when I look at my billing information from my Xbox (under Settings), it's still showing my US details rather than the UK details which are showing (everywhere I can find them at least :-) ) when viewing from a web browser.

Odd...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, It may Be best to contact Xbox Support for this issue, it sure seems like something went wrong somewhere. To contact Xbox Support use support.xbox.com/contact-us I advise to use the callback request option or maybe Microsoft chat. I hope they will be able to fix it quickly

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks WPAK, I spent 40 minutes on chat with one of the support reps yesterday to be told that a complete account migration can take up to 120 days which to be honest seems a bit longer than I'd read in the past but I guess I'll wait a little longer and see if it sorts itself out.

Happy New Year!

Sorry this didn't help.