Account migration error - no solution from 8 weeks - my diary

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate my account from December. I was part of the Pilot Tool program after 4-5 weeks of waiting ... unfortunately I was getting the error message: "There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you, and try again later. "

Now days  we have fully working tool - but I'm still getting the same error message as during tests of the migration tool.

I have tried to be patient - that's just my own opinion :) for 9-10+ weeks but these days I'm losing my faith is the quick solution. Maybe after 10+ support chats, maybe after 10+ ideas "what we can do next", maybe after waiting 2-3 days after each of the escalations, maybe I just need to relax and start new account? I don't know yet.

What I know is the following:

• 3+ times looking for account billing issues not helping at all,
  • removing Music Pass subscription either,
  • I will not even mention about removing PayPal or any other payment method,
  • suggestions to contact email address these days provided as part of Pilot Program will not work either as program is closed and email is no longer available,
  • nobody will answer any email sent - probably being one of 25mio is not helping here at all,
  • nobody is trying to even listen that 2nd account is created (probably partially) as history was mirrored to it from December, just maybe needs a little manual push to be working,
  • cancelling Gold membership by support is just fantastic option when account is close to be migrated - not few weeks before (ohh, I have still hope it will happen eventually),
  • asking for my age on the chat is even nice, is creating good social atmosphere or it is just clever troll cross-checking thing. I'm not complaining at all if this will help with the migration - I'm 36 btw :)

I'm open for any other good  suggestions what I can try next :) saying that kids are waiting to use points/games bought in my current region is not helping at all so please skip this idea. Maybe something related to Valentine's Day as we are closing to this big event? Feel free to post anything. I will really appreciate your opinion.

(sorry for the ironic post - I'm more serious in real life)

cheers,

/Maciorz

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Hey there Maciorz! If you have read the requirements for a region migration and feel that you meet all of them, but still get errors, you should contact us directly and speak with an account agent. Unfortunately we here on the forums don't have access to all the data they do and realistically can't make any magic happen here. Please do let us know what you find out from them, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thx Mister, I'm doing that every 2-3 days as I'm pushed to wait for escalation. I did that at least 10+ times no solution yet, just waiting and waiting and....

Sorry this didn't help.

As expected another 3 escalations happened. Now I'm waiting another 10 working days for another brilliant fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the update Maciorz! Were you provided some steps to resolve this that didn't work out? Would you mind sharing them with us? Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I was asked to wait another 10 days and the Advocacy team will try to solve the issue. This not first time we are going that way ;-) but lets wit another day for results. As per last 8 days - nobody even touched my account, this is also end of 2nd week when I was cut off my Gold membership. Again everybody are connecting with me and my pain, nice but this is not helping to speed up fixing this case. After 10+ weeks I though that someone will just sit down and just fix this one but unfortunately I was put on waiting queue again - this is really unacceptable.

I will not even comment, that I have got a promise that someone will contact me with at least ETA letting me know what's really happening here - nobody did so far - not just last 8 days - last 10 weeks ;-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to update, nobody touched my case during last 10 days and Support Agent created new escalation (if I'm not wrong there was 15+ like this before). I'm waiting for Tier3 to contact me within 3 days (as per my previous experience - nobody will)

Sorry this didn't help.

Update - Typical - issue not solved (in my opinion not even touched) maybe someone will take it during next 3 days - escalation no. 16th

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, I have just migrated my account "successfully", but I still don't have the dashboard and the currency for the right region, but apparently I have successfully done it and received the email from Xbox stating such.

I ended up doing the following to make it work:

1. Deleted any declined payment methods (don't bother trying to edit the old ones - Fail, did that on the website)

2. Completely forget about Paypal, use a credit card to add if you need payment to renew Gold membership

3. Had to use the Xbox (not the online website to add a payment to get gold membership again)

4. Selected the region change (on PC)

5. I entered a new address at the end (But I don't think you need to do this immediately, but I would if I was you)

6. Received the email confirmation.

Then my account should have been migrated, although it says the new region my dashboard and currency is the old region!

If you get this far and have the same issue please read this thread:

forums.xbox.com/.../2427581.aspx

I hope you get a solution soon, I have been escalated to the next tier and am awaiting to be contacted. I guess the guys are busy working on the new xBox live stuff!

Sorry this didn't help.

@maciorz Hey there, since I'm seeing this thread, I want to see first off if there was any update in your situation.  Are you still waiting? Because if so, that ain't cool.  We'll be happy to take a look at the holdup for you!

@ru feelin lucky, I replied to you in that other thread, but mostly asking for you to start a new one, since these are a bit old.  Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

I have received a SECOND email from MSFT Microsoft to confirm that my account switch transfer has worked. And YES it has worked. Please note in the time between the issues as per:

forums.xbox.com/.../438878.aspx

and the fix I did the following......Confirmed it was at the Microsoft end and connected them again via the online support chat function via contact us link. I had also set up new forum post as requested by Microsoft:

forums.xbox.com/.../2431541.aspx

I noted that the switch region offer within the account settings had been cancelled, the Microsoft support guy was really good and he also added my very detailed description within my forum post to my case notes.

End result I still have 2 region tabs under my commerce account (just checked for you) but now my current Xbox region is the correct one, dashboard is now correct and currency is also correct. Microsoft also supplied codes for me to put back on my remaining Xbox Live subscription time.

BTW - I can confirm the issue was not at my end! But at the Microsoft end! They fixed it after I contacted them using the online chat support and I am very happy. Thank you Xbox support team :D The online support guy "Keith" gave me excellent service and the problem was resolved from their end within a few hours.

Sorry this didn't help.