Account Migrated to Russia

Hi All

I live in UK and Like alot of other unlucky people on here i had my account hacked, roughly 1500 MS points stolen and migrated to russia on 03/09/11!

Now that is 63 Days ago and still i am being told nothing on the phone!, only that the department dealing with it cannot be contacted directly!!!! really

I am starting to pull hair out now

Since losing the account i have been given 1 free months live code and thats it!, also i have not been able to use the codes i got with the ltd edition of both battlefield and COD

The affected account is MANTRA O5 BEAST

Any help would be appreciated

Mark

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Mantra! Did phone support actively decline to provide you any more LIVE time as compensation?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mister Gwyther

No the times i have phoned i have got through to irish lads, and every one has been really nice and apologetic

but all have told me they have no authorisation to do anything!

The last call i was told that "Rory" couldnt help me at all but he would once again put some notes on my file for the investigation team and told me to maybe look out for an email! but apart from that i couldnt do anything else!!

I havent recieved any communication from the investigation team since the original email explaining i have to wait 25 days and giving me my free month live code

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happened to me. Live in the US but my account was hacked and migrated to Russia on 9/1/11. My CC was stolen and $200 in MP were charged to my account. I was told my account would be suspended for 30 days while Microsoft investigated. The only communication I have received from them wasn't until 10/21 in the form of a similar email as the one Mantra received. They gave me a free month code(after i had already waited almost 2 months) and said sorry it was taking so long. I just called them today because i had an issue with the new email account they made me create getting linked to a random gamertag. The lady told me she had no more information on the status of the investigation but said it looked like they were "Close". This is the same thing i heard from someone one the phone over 2 months ago.

Like Mantra, i have Call of Duty and Battlefield which i am left to either not play or level up a temporary account :(

As sad as it is, I am beginning to lean toward getting rid of my xbox because of all the hassle that xbox live support causes. Its amazing that a free online console (Ps3) has less issues with peoples accounts getting stolen. There are stories all over the internet of how crappy xbox live security is. When is Microsoft going to respond?

BTW SomaticWig is the name of the random account that got linked to my acount...... guess its not fixed yet......

Sorry this didn't help.

My fault for not checking until today but I noticed that I had to recover my gamer tag when I logged in today (anticipating a system update) and found a rather unpleasant surprised: over 5000 MSP stolen on November 11th (my last legitimate purchase was made on November 6th).  Does anyone know if anything has been done to rectify the situation or are gamers stuck in limbo for now?

Sorry this didn't help.

ive been hacked 5 months ago migrated nothing yet

Sorry this didn't help.

I was hacked an migrated 102 days ago. This is the stupid tag I have been using. I got the same email as above , "sorry it is taking so long, have a free month". That was on day 30. I thought it was really nice and took it as false hope that I would soon see resolution. But I guess it's not something that happens when they take another 30 days...and another 30 days...and another 30 days. With no further contact. I have not renewed the free membership, I find the idea of giving xbox live more money and or credit card info to be distasteful at this point.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I had mine migrated to Brazil, it seems like if you had it migrated out of your region you are SOL. They keep lying to me about times I can expect it back. The last guy told me he would send me another code and nothing came. I figured out Microsoft's tactics here, put really nice people on the front lines and tell them nothing  so they can politely stonewall their customers and hope they don't have to admit fault and keep as many customers as possible.

It's a really crappy business tactic that only the greasiest of companies use.

Sorry this didn't help.

Migrated to Brazil here as well. Been waiting since July 9th. That's 150 days and doesn't count today. So 151 days if you count today and counting.

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems that I was luckier than most in that my account was not migrated to another region (I probably lucked out in that I only have a Silver membership by choice) and I had my credit card information removed.  However, by my revised count, I'm down 6440 MSP.

Sorry this didn't help.

Day 83 for me...

Sorry this didn't help.