Account MGMT.

I have an interesting problem several years ago when a buddy set up his XBLA he inadvertantly used my Email Info. So by that rationale I used his..... big mistake this guy ended changing his password apparently because his old pw wouldn't work and guess what he forgot it. So now I can't manage or acess my old account. I created this new one but it's just not the same I don't feel like going through and playing all those games again for the same achievements I've already unlocked. unfortunately I don't have any information on his email account other than the id and the old password can anybody help?! 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If your friend still knows the email address, he can change the password from the email address website.  From there, you can get the password from him so you can change the WLID (email address) associated with your tag to something that you own.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

but that's the problem he doesn't remember the password

Sorry this didn't help.

We understand that, onyx2is suggested he change the password because he has forgotten it. You need to get your friend to sort it out, its his email address. Once he sorts out the password you can then change the WLID on the account to one of your email addresses.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Jay The Nailer"]

he inadvertantly used my Email Info. So by that rationale I used his.....

[/quote]

How did your friend get your e-mail account password? And you his? Doesn't anyone know how to keep their information private anymore? If neither you or your friend can remember or correct the e-mail situation then there will be nothing you can do about getting that account back. Calling support won't help unless you know specific account information and answer a slew of questions to prove you are the account holder.

Sorry this didn't help.