Account mess up

I am currently in  a terrible situation with seeing as my account has just come to a huge standstill, this is because of the fact that i messed up and simply was to stupid to really plan ahead with myself, underestimating the sadness of how much pain and sorrow can come of saying that your not 18.

you see my problem really is that i have my privacy setting so that i cannot purchase any content from the Xbox live marketplace and my parent account that i had set up i completely forgot about cant remember a thing about it, and on top of that the email is wrong so i cant change anything about it the email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

( missing n at Jepson ) my real question is is if i can either get a way to change my privacy settings and change my account so that i don't have to deal with this parental stuff ever again. or start a new account and  forget/delete this old one and transfer all my Microsoft points to the new account.

i would really love to see advise or really any form of council on this because i have no idea what to do and neither do my parents so they told me to take it up in the forums to see if i can do anything... at all.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Let me first start off by saying that you would not be able to delete this account and transfer over Microsoft points since they must stay with whatever account they were purchased with originally (unless it was a Gold Family Plan).  Now are you currently 18 or no?  

The only way you would be able to change the parental controls on the system (which is preventing you from making purchases) is by signing onto the parent account. That is the first thing you would have to do. This page will help direct you through some of the possible changes that can be made with parental controls: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/parental-controls/parental-control-info

I will follow up with this post to see if this has helped you at all or if you need further guidance. I hope this helps you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

let me start by saying that i am over 18, and was way to rushed to really care about entering my real age later figuring out that this pretty much blocks me from doing anything and i cannot sign into my parent account because both the email is wrong  and the password has been changed.

i've come to some sort of conclusion that i need to get my parent account back and that involves contacting someone i don't know. you did really help here but the only thing that can save me (and my Microsoft points) is a huge amount of luck. thanks anyway.  

P.S. you really are a great gamer btw, nice gamer point score!

Sorry this didn't help.

I wish there was more I could do to directly help you, but I am glad I was able to provide you with as much information as I could.  Thank you for the compliment, I work my hardest on it. It's like my motto says "Play Hard/Work Harder." I am a parent to one son, so I want to give him the best kind of life I can while still having time for myself. I hope everything works out for you with your account and maybe I will run into you one day on Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

well nothing really worked out it turns out that *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is not a legit email ( i wonder why my Xbox thinks it is) therefor the only solution is to start a new Xbox account abandon all my well spent Microsoft points.

the bright side is that my gamer points wot be so low and that my Xbox will finally let me play black ops 2.

but besides that everything will work out. thanks anyway. you really did help.

Sorry this didn't help.