Account locked/still have not received email to open

Roughly 4 weeks ago, my account was hacked.

Someone purchased MSpoints on my account, and the account was upgraded to a Family package. The purchased points where sent to the other accounts.

I call MS and I tell them I didn't make the purchases. The person on the phone says they will forward this to the correct people to take care of my hacked account.

At the same time, they told me my account would be locked. The person requested that I provide another email account.

Time passes and I receive an email saying another email has been added to my account. I did in fact add this email, but it was misspelled.

I contacted MS to tell them 1. nothing happened regarding my hacked account and purchases made on my credit card. 2. the newly added email address to my account was misspelled.

They tell me that I would receive information regarding my hacked account on this new email.

Days pass and I still have received nothing, even after they corrected the spelling on my newly added email.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

It takes up to 30 days and sometimes longer for an investigation to finish so you're just going to have to wait it out. If they haven't got back to you by Monday I'd phone them up again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My investigation finished.

I called them a second time after a 2nd email was added to my account. The email was misspelled. He said the information to unlock the account would be there. Since the email was misspelled I received no such information. They updated the email a few days ago and I still have not received anything to my second, newly added, correctly spelled email account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Phone them up again and ask them to sent it again.

Sorry this didn't help.