Account Lock being dragged out

I've called or chatted with Support almost every other day since my account was locked on the 17th. Every day support tells me "oh, it'll be 1-2 more days." No one in support has been able to actually do anything for me in regards to this matter. Also, every time I talk to someone new I get a new story about what's going on. One guy tells me I was accidentally charged 24.99, and the next day another guy tells me it was my fault I was charged, "but we're refunding it anyways." (I work in a help desk environment. Who even talks to a customer like this and still has a job?")

My account was locked from me changing my payment details all around at once in a frenzy after a deployment so I could get on. Apparently that counts as suspicious and gets my account locked for "3-4 days while we check things out" which equates to a week now. I really don't want to end up like a lot of people I've seen on here who wait a month or more to even get a notification that my issue is even being worked. The first guy I talked to said this would take 3-4 days and after 4 days, I was told my account hadn't even been worked yet. I just want to get back to enjoying the perks of being home and one thing I was looking forward to I can't do, and no one seems to be able to help me. It's just more delaying every time. I asked to be put in contact with the people who can actually help me with this issue and was told "that is not possible."

If this is going to take forever I just want to be told up front so I can just start a new account. I hate wasting my time here and I don't want to come off as angry, but  the constant delaying or new story every time I call/chat is getting a bit irritating. Should I just start a new account or wait this out? I've never had an issue like this before so I have no idea what kind of waiting game I'm in for, but the stories I've read through googling about similar issues is not giving me a lot of hope here.

Edit: Just for clarification, since I can still use my account as a free member I didn't think it warranted being posted in the Suspension section, and it's a billing lock and not an account suspension.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Greetings, whatspeakyou85. Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. If you have already spoken to phone support about this, I would recommend following up with them if they have not gotten back to you after the time frame they mentioned. Unfortunately we are unable to assist with billing issues over the forums. However, phone support should be able to provide assistance with this issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd have to google the exact error code, but the last 2 support reps told me it was a billing lock due to lots of payment detail changes, so whenever I try to purchase anything, add a points card, renew my subscription, or anything else regarding money I  get said error code.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="whatspeakyou85"]

I've called or chatted with Support almost every other day since my account was locked on the 17th. Every day support tells me "oh, it'll be 1-2 more days." No one in support has been able to actually do anything for me in regards to this matter. Also, every time I talk to someone new I get a new story about what's going on. One guy tells me I was accidentally charged 24.99, and the next day another guy tells me it was my fault I was charged, "but we're refunding it anyways." (I work in a help desk environment. Who even talks to a customer like this and still has a job?")

My account was locked from me changing my payment details all around at once in a frenzy after a deployment so I could get on. Apparently that counts as suspicious and gets my account locked for "3-4 days while we check things out" which equates to a week now. I really don't want to end up like a lot of people I've seen on here who wait a month or more to even get a notification that my issue is even being worked. The first guy I talked to said this would take 3-4 days and after 4 days, I was told my account hadn't even been worked yet. I just want to get back to enjoying the perks of being home and one thing I was looking forward to I can't do, and no one seems to be able to help me. It's just more delaying every time. I asked to be put in contact with the people who can actually help me with this issue and was told "that is not possible."

If this is going to take forever I just want to be told up front so I can just start a new account. I hate wasting my time here and I don't want to come off as angry, but  the constant delaying or new story every time I call/chat is getting a bit irritating. Should I just start a new account or wait this out? I've never had an issue like this before so I have no idea what kind of waiting game I'm in for, but the stories I've read through googling about similar issues is not giving me a lot of hope here.

Edit: Just for clarification, since I can still use my account as a free member I didn't think it warranted being posted in the Suspension section, and it's a billing lock and not an account suspension.

[/quote]I would suggest waiting a couple days and then contacting customer service. Ask for a reference number so support can easily pull up notes regarding this issue in the future. You should also have the option to speak with a supervisor if your issue has not been resolved in a timely manner. What error message/code do you receive when attempting to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile? If your profile is currently not on your console, try downloading your profile from Xbox LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

I suggest waiting this out. Constantly calling's not going to help since not every Support Agent is not going to know what you're talking about.

-

Best of luck!

Sorry this didn't help.