Account Live Again, No Email, No Points Reimbursed

An investigation was opened up on January 10th after points on my account had been used without my knowledge (FIFA hack).  My account was locked and I was told the investigation would take about 2-3 weeks but that my points would probably be reimbursed and I would receive an email with the final result of the investigation.  I spoke with customer service on Friday about my account and explained that I had gotten rid of the old email address I had been using (gmail) to receive communication from them and provided the new email address (work).  I noticed last night my account was no longer locked (I could get online) but my points were not reimbursed....I checked email this morning (yahoo and work) and didn't receive anything regarding the status of the investigation.  Is it normal for the account to go unlocked without points being reimbursed before getting a notification?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

No.  Normally an account will be released shortly before or after notification as was the case in my situation and that I've read of others.  Did you check all prior "alternative e-mails" associated with your original WLID?  In my case, they ignorantly sent the notification to the old alternative e-mail address that was no longer associated with my WLID/GT that actually was first account hackers compromised and STILL had access to.  Stupidity at its finest.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, I'll call them to find out what's going on.  Even though I had changed the email address over the phone, I had to manually update it just now.  The email probably went to the old address.

Sorry this didn't help.

Talked to a rep who was helpful (that's 3/3 good reps since my process started).  He said there's a problem with the MS points system and the points may not reflect for a day or two....nothing to do with the incident though.

Sorry this didn't help.