Account issues

So today I was playing my Xbox one as normal with no problems at all. Then I get into a party with my friends and jump onto CoD but when I get on to multiplayer it gave me an error, so I tried a couple more times I even switched it to extinction to see if that'd fix it but it didn't help. So I turn my xbox off and turn it back on and sign into my account however it says that I don't have a gold membership although I remember last month being sent a reminder that my live would run out the 12 of December. So I put in the code that the xbox came with which is a 14 day free trial and it goes through and pops up, you can't renew your live because you still have gold so give your membership to a friend. This was weird since it said my gold had ran out so I turn my xbox off again and try connecting and it said the same thing. So I called customer support and I talked to an account helper, he couldn't even get into my live account even after using verify me. I'm really confused and need help. Thanks for your time and help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to: