Account info is not wrong

Hi

I'm getting error code: 80048821. Telling me I've got the wrong email or password, this is seen when trying to log in to LIVE from my console. I know I don't have the wrong email or password because I just logged in here using it. To make sure, I typed it all in instead of using a browser saved password. I know my email and password I'm inputting in my console are correct and it still won't log me in. What do I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi WS, looks like a glitch with your profile. Im sure it's easily fixed. I have seen this come up before on the forums and the suggested answer always follows this format

Delete your profile (and any others on your console)

Clear the system cache 3 times (yeah 3 seems to be the lucky number)

Download your profile to the console

To delete and download profiles use the guide via this link - support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

*You should choose Delete Profile Only, the other option is a full delete and you want to avoid this.

To clear the system cache to the following

1.Press the Guide button on your controller.

2.Go to settings and select System Settings.

3.Select Storage or Memory.

4.Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

5.Select Clear System Cache.

6.When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

It doesnt say anywhere that a reboot is effective after this but it wouldnt do any harm so its up to you

Give it a go, let us know how you get on. If this works for you please accept this as the answer so that anyone else who has same problem can easily find the answer in the support forums.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks a bunch! Sorry this is a late response xD

Sorry this didn't help.

I did this and yes it worked but it deleted a profile I had on it with all my accomplishments for my GTA, Minecraft ect. games , it still shows the data in my storage under unknown profile how do I get that back on my new profile??

Sorry this didn't help.