account help

probably a dumb question but im looking to change the email on my account. i changed it in the billing info area but it still shows my old email account at the top of my dashboard. how would i go about changing it so i can have my xbl account up to date? thanks for the help! :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
I don't know much about this sort of stuff.

Have you tried signing out of your account on your console and then signing back in to see if it forces the console to update the information?

yeah i tried that

Did you also change it under settings and preferences? Go to the top of the page and click on my account. Under the Settings and Preferences section it should say contact preferences click on that and make sure the email in there is also set to the new one. I'm not positive this will fix it but if it doesn't there is also a way to do it from your Xbox. I don't remember the exact pathway to get to it and my Xbox is about 45 miles from where I am right now but I believe from the dashboard you go over to the settings tab and then into account (this is while you are signed into your account of course). Now, this is where it gets fuzzy, I know somewhere in that section you can change it to your new live ID but I don't know exactly where. I think it's towards the top though. Either way it should point you in the right direction least.  Hope this helps!

alright cool guys thanks!!

didnt really work out. trying to do it where my info on battlelog for battlefield 3 and moh warfighter are synced with my psn account but i have them under two different emails

IF you want to change your windows live ID e-mail address, just go to your console.

Go to your profile and change windows live ID. You type in the email you want it to change to and that´s it.

[quote user="MLEIST"]

didnt really work out. trying to do it where my info on battlelog for battlefield 3 and moh warfighter are synced with my psn account but i have them under two different emails

[/quote]This is not a issue of Xbox LIVE. You need to Contact EA Support and request the Emails and Persona of your Origin Account could be changed.