Account Hacked

My account was hacked into and stolen yesterday, one day after having my internet turned back on. In my account i have my bank card for easy renewal and point purchases for map packs and other such DLC. However when my account was taken a large number of points were also purchased  draining my bank account, and I'm not sure where to go or who to contact with in Microsoft corp or Xbox support etc to try and get a refund. Though i finally did manage to recover my account and add a great  number of security features to derail future hackers or notifications if i do get hacked and my account stolen again. Something else i noticed was that the ms points purchased and what few i still had from my previous dlc were converted to in game coins, and that 2 games were added to my last played list, madden nfl 10 and madden nfl 11, both of which i don't own. Personal opinion i don't like sports games.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

You need to call support. The numbers for the US are here - support.xbox.com/.../call-us.aspx

If you live in a different region, you can change your location in the top left of the screen in order to get the correct information for your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The same thing happened to me 2 days ago a guy stole my account and changed the gamertag from my old gamertag (im not going to say it for reasons i just realized) to a name called TitlingOmnevore and so what i found out was that i was still friends with that account on my friends xbox so i scared him and i found out thatthe guy who hacked it sold it for 10$ and he got my billing info and bought Alan Wake, Assasins creed brotherhood, and DLC stuff but the thing is i found out how to change my email password through my other email and i was able to recover my account and i deleted all the info and its still under investigation by xbox they know the person who sold my account and they hopefully will charge him and brick his xbox and the thing is we fought for a refund of all the stolen money and now im living good and they are going to put my gamertag back to what it was.(what i suggest is going to your email provider and use an alternate account to send the password reset to.)

Its scary knowing people can do that so easy, and i am a computer fanatic and i know that it is pretty simple to do and i suggest looking at LULZ Sec (security) they are a group of "BLACK HAT HACKERS" who are basically people in collage who hack places to steal info. and get a laugh they hacked PSN and the CIA website.

Sorry this didn't help.

there is a difference between a hack and you getting phished

1 a hack actually is a server hack but this has never occured on xbox live

because when a server gets hacked ALL accounts not just you get comprimised

2nd phished is when you get tricked into giving enough info to get your account stolen

in short i doubt that you were so special that you got specially hacked

don't go to funny sites for free stuff like ipads or ms points

don't share your info with your best friend or your new friend promising the best armor or guns in the latest game

really this should be common sense

if you follow these steps you will join the 90% of live that never has comprimised accounts

there is an effort by lulsec if you read the news articles where info gained from the sony hack where they are telling phishers to test out these passwords and logins at different social sites like fb and paypal and xbox

of course this only works if you don't use common sense and use 1 login and password and same gamertag as the psn network

*kinda silly really*

Sorry this didn't help.

1) You can not be 'hacked' over XBL.

2) You need to take a moment to read and practice Account security for Xbox LIVE.

3) If your account was compromised you need to contact support for your region and have them start and UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS INVESTIGATION, at which time they will lock the account until the investigation is complete, usually within 7-30 business days.

4) You should be using an e-mail account for your XBL account that you do not use for any other service or website. Then you should be using a password that utilizes numbers, letters, large caps and small caps. It should also be a password that you do not use anywhere else either.

Sorry this didn't help.