Account hacked years ago and profile deleted

So I loved my 360 when I bought it back in 06 I think, but my account was hacked and I was never able to get the biggest problem resolved.  Someone hacked my account and apparently deleted my gamertag/profile.  I had recovered the Microsoft account and could see what the new gamertag was, but everything associated with the gamertag I had was gone.  Its just a new looking profile with no gamerscore or real information attached.  My original profile/gamertag is still on my system but because of what this hacker did, I can no longer sign in to Xbox live using that profile.  Am I just *** and there's no way to bring that account back online?  I tried calling support but I could only understand about half of what the person said and he didn't seem to understand the problem I was having. 

PS this gamertag is what is now associated with the account I WAS using with my original profile.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  However, a gamertag cannot be hacked.  It can be taken over though if login information is given out or is phished.

More than likely what did happen is that you accidentally created a gamertag overtop your existing one.  It is rare but does happen.

Try the steps at the link below to move the tag you're posting with to another email address (you will need to create one) to see if that frees up your old tag.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks I'll try that soon.  I know I didn't create a new one over my old.  I was playing my 360 regularly and one day I tried to login and it didn't work.  There were some small charges made to my account which I was reimbursed for but I still didn't have access to my gamertag while trying to login to Xbox live. The first gamertag that replaced it isn't even the one that is connected to this profile.  So I have no idea how many times its even changed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright.  If that link doesn't help then I'm afraid that there's nothing that anyone here can do to help.  Only phone support would be able to help if you've lost access to your gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea, I forgot that when I called, the operator told me the password had just been changed earlier that day, which I hadn't done.  I just recovered this account 20 minutes before I called him, not the 8 hours before he said it had happened.  So I'll have to wait a month before I can attempt to do this.  If it doesn't work I'll just have to make a new one and loose all that I had done with that tag, which would really suck :(  Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry this didn't help.

@freelancechunk1 I am in the same situation as you, my gamertag was hacked atleast 3 years ago (can't remember the exact time) and the account was completely wiped and when i signed in it created this new account with the email. They also charged like 700 to my dad's credit card.

Have you had any luck recovering your account? I've tried a few times over the years but never gotten to the bottom of it, i might try again, any tips?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you've lost access to your tag then you'll need to contact phone support and open an Unauthorized Access Ticket.  That is the only option for situations such as that.

Sorry this didn't help.