Account Hacked - Someone Bought 4000MS points and played FIFA12!?

Early this morning (5:21am) someone gained access to my account and bought 4000 points for $50 and spent them all on "gold packs" and "premium gold packs" for FIFA12. 

I called support and had them suspend my account and open an un-authorized access investigation. 

From what I can see it seems like this is a very widespread problem. If a few hundred people have bothered to make threads about this on various sites then thousands are likely affected by the same problem.

All 3 of the support people I talked to said (in a very guarded fashion) that they had seen a number of these cases where the same exact items were purchased for the same game. 

I was assured that no-one could see my card info because it is not listed.

BUT! if these people are 1/2 as smart as they seem, they obviously would think to remove the HDD and connect it to a PC and know how to browse the system files and view my card info in its entirety right? 

If a users card info is stored on the console in complete form in any place I can guarantee someone with moderate skill could access it. 

Why is MS not warning people or making a public statement about this? Who thinks I need to cancel this card? It's a debit card... linked straight to my bank account. I know I should have removed it months ago, and I tried to, but unfortunately M$ won't allow me to because of some issue with a pre-paid subscription card being redeemed while an existing subscription paid for via card is still active. 

Also.... can't play BF3 now because my account is suspended and the average timeframe for reconciliation is 25 days. It's cool though, not like i have been waiting for BF3 for SIX DAMN YEARS

*feelsbadman

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

post related: Threads of multiple people with same issue.

www.facepunch.com/.../1131619

forums.xbox.com/.../103169.aspx

forums.xbox.com/.../480231.aspx

www.giantbomb.com/.../35-493821

There are a LOT more as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Don't worry, I called xbox on 9/25 about unauthorized access which the hackers spent $125 dollors on points.  I have yet to be reimbursed and have missed almost a month of xbox.  i have called three times and today they told me that the process started on 10/10...i said why didnt it start on 9/25 and the lady told me that they received the additional information when i called on 10/10...i said i didnt give any additional information...i checked status of the case...ugh...microsoft fails me again

Sorry this didn't help.

I got hit for 12000 points I called my CC company and froze my card till they fix my account, but mines not a debit card.They could let us have more Info regarding our status.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there - we do have a public page and guide on Account Security that we feel everyone should read. You can find it here: www.xbox.com/.../Account-Security

Sorry this didn't help.

Called them back just now because I received another call stating that I needed to provide more info.

Turns out the first 2 people didn't properly submit the UA claim. Third person helped me out and got the claim properly submitted.

Now.. we play the waiting game.

Sorry this didn't help.