Account hacked. Scared/worried, Looking for some of your experiences.

Hello guys two days ago on 9|16|11 I was playing xbox as usual when suddenly I was disconnected. I thought nothing of it and continued playing, only to find out about an hour later that My credit card was charged 82$ in microsoft points.

I didnt buy any points so I IMMEDIATELY changed all my passwords (e-mail, online bank, live account ETC) and called xbox. I started the usual "Investigation process" and was told I would receive an e-mail with more info. I still havent recived the email, but its only been 2 days and its also the weekend so I dont mind. Im guessing the investigation team is not in on the weekends.

Im also going to the bank on tuesday to fill out an investigation form with them as well.

As of right now I have full control of the account (thats how im posting on it) and im a little scared.

Ive been reading some expirences and have seen that  some of you got NOTHING back because xbox said that there was nothing wrong.... thats terrible.

I was just wondering if any of you have any positive experiences with this? Thanks guys.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

All you can really do is wait for them to finish the investigation. Please note it could take up to 30 days to complete. Can you log in onto your console with the compromised account? If so then you need to call support back and make sure they lock it, as they should have done in the first place, it is for your protection and it is procedure.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The woman on the phone told me I would either be unable to access my account completely OR I would be able to use it, but be blocked from making purchases, which it seems it is the second option.

Unless the investigation has not begun and it has not yet been locked. However I did change the password twice and I also set a code (I forgot what its called) where you have to enter the correct code using the xbox buttons to log in.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same thing happen to me on the day same too.

The guy i talked to said, i will only get an email when my account is ready to go or if they need more information form me.

My account was suspended right when i called him, he got all this info form me..s/n, console ID a email that is not connected the xbox account, a phone number to reach me.

Also i have control of my account but it is suspended and when i look online at the Content License , i see the console ID has been changed, so that means i know i will be okay because they can ban that console and look at the log's and change everything back to my ID.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the info guys.

And Erik dont forget to keep me posted on how your investigation goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just called today to make sure the investigation started, they lady said it has begun and it could take up to 25 days for me she said...

Also make sure you go to the bank, you might be able to get the money back faster too.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, im going to the  bank hopefully tommorow, I called the bank and they said to come in when the transactions are no longer pending, which should be tommorow.

Sorry this didn't help.