Account hacked on Sept 20th still suspended and can't play despite being told it would be back by now

Hello just posting with a few questions and a story.

The Story, 

My account was hacked and used to buy some 200 buck in points and it was then move to Russia.  I filed a ticket at work when I got the initial emails and a call from my credit card company reporting the fraud.  Had to call back again from home when i had my console in front of me to give them the serial number.  While doing this i asked how long it would take and was told up to 25 day.  Since BF3 didn't release till Oct 25th ( 35 days ) while on the initial call i made sure to ask as many times as possible "so this will be resolved before BF3 releases right?"  to which i was told yes I see no reason for it not to be or it should be.  They then said I would get a code for lost time.  figured ok cool.  Code arrived on the 13th of October. Figure it meant they were doing there thing and thought nothing more of it.  Based on the customer service reps I spoke to on both calls figured this would be a routine thing for Xbox live.  This was then reassured when i saw online that many accounts had been "hacks" around the same time as mine and every one saying up to 25 days followed by a gripe about GoW3 not being able to be used.  Fast forward to today,  I go to pickup the limited editon game that i had pre ordered months ago and come home to set it up and get ready for a night of gaming with my co workers.  Boot up my X box, Still in russian, account says suspended when i try to log in.  Call support to find out what is going on and why they are a solid +30% over the 25days.  They are polite and explain that this investigation team is looking into it. The CSR is polite but says she can't do much till the team releases it.  I call back and get another CSR and since at this time i have had some 12 calls from various co workers and ex co workers as to where i am and why i am not online, I',m to say the least a little ticked.  I ask for escalation he says he will talk to his supervisor, but since this other team has the account there is not much they can do. 

So over this I have a few questions.

Did Microsoft get compromised like Sony?  I ask as there seems to be a lot of accounts getting hacked and going over to RU, and well until the incident my account had never been logged on by any thing other then my Xbox (so I'm not sure how they would have gotten the account email or password), has no information in common with any other accounts and is linked to nothing other then my live ID, which i think was setup automatically.

Why are these cases taking so long?( a few i have seen are running close to 90days ) From a purely technical perspective the fix to this should be rather easy.  Change the region in the database back and be done with it.  Or depending on how it is setup move the account back to the US region servers.  I assume that Xbox live is running on a large MS SQL style architecture,  in which case both of these fixes could be done by a low level DBA. ( i take the above from my own experience of working on large SQL databases that involved millions of accounts located across 4 continents )

Why are people kept in the dark on progress (or lack there of)?  Since Microsoft sells a CRM solution ( i think they have 2 actually) why is communication on cases seem to be non existent, a simple ticket system similar to the ones most other large game companies that allow customers to see notes on their ticket would pay in gold here to help frustrations

There's more but i am tired and frustrated to no end here.  Any answers would be great.  Ill update as i find out more

TLDR: Was hacked now on day 35 support seems useless and incapable of helping, though polite, sympathetic and professional.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Please use rich formatting the forums seem to have eaten my spacing, sorry in advanced for your eyes

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just a bump to see if any one has an answer to this

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Maniac! I'd like to help look into this for you. Can you PM me (envelope icon below) the following information please? Thanks!

GT:
SR#:
Start Date: 
Console ID:
Console Serial Number: 
Link to this thread:  

Sorry this didn't help.