Account hacked on Christmas

Was away all day with the family, went home to buy fruit ninja kinect and noticed all my points were gone and my gamertag got changed. The last game "I" played was fifa 12 even though i dont own that game. i know this is common but has microsoft or EA admitted fault yet? this is very frustrating and it would be nice to see a class-action suit filed on behalf of all those affected. just looking for some advice or other stories of this happening to other people. how long did it take for the investigation to conclude?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

i also noticed this gamertag "FUSiONZz xJT" was added to my friends list and i messaged him asking his involvment and he basicly admitted to stealing it, is there anyway to report him more seriously than just filing a complaint?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oops I double posted! Forgot to add suggested answer. See my below post.

Sorry this didn't help.

This happened to me as well but not on Christmas Day. That sucks and I feel for you. My account was also playing FIFA 12. The only difference between me and you is that they changed your GT and spent your MSP. The person who violated me ran up a bill on my credit card (came within $2.00 of an overdraft.) You need to call               1-800-4MY-XBOX       (469-9269) and follow the directions to get to the account management department. Once there, get a representative and they will help you file an Unauthorized Access Claim. You should get 800 MSP back with your account to change your GT back. Hope this helps. Do this as soon as possible. The sooner the better!

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks, yeah first thing i did was change all my passwords and call xbox to file a complaint. yeah they spent more than just the 800 but i was assured i would get it back, just looking for some advice on how to cope and wondering the average length the account recovery process takes

Sorry this didn't help.

They say that it takes three to five weeks. I got my account back in about ten days. However I still haven't been refunded yet. I already posted  about that... In the meantime, You can however still play your account offline. However your achievements you earn WILL NOT transfer over because you have to recover your account to end this process. And yes you should be awarded your MSP you already have on your account back.

Sorry this didn't help.