Account hacked moved to Russia. Need to get it back.

So, my account was hacked and moved to Russia. I got it back but it's still in Russia. Phone support says they cannot move the account back to US and now my xbox is still in Russian. This is completely unacceptable. If I cannot get my account back to where i can even read it, then *** MS I'm going to the PS3. been an Xbox Live member since the original Xbox. How can something like this happen? A One-click solution to steal the account, and n way to possibly get it back? The only option given to me was to create a new account, losing the years of achievements and save-games I've built up.

Has anyone found a way to get MS to get off their lazy asses and get their account back to their region?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there! I'm sorry for the frustration. I'm not aware of any way to manually change the region of an account. I would recommend calling phone support for this info, but it sounds like you already talked to them. If there are any other options here, phone support will be the one to help you out. Sorry for the hassle here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The same thing happened to me they told me i'm out of luck.  I have been a Live subscriber since the first month it was available.  It is absolutely ridiculous that they can not do anything about this.  All we can do now is use the power of the internet and have our voice heard.  I am posting these stories everywhere I can and contacting gaming websites to bring this practice to light.  Here is my original post

forums.xbox.com/.../473740.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Just happened to me also. MS is a Joke. PS3 forever!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, you aren't getting your account back.  

Everything I've read from people that had a migration in addition to the hack and theft, aren't getting their accounts back.  

What do they even do?  Do they transfer the licenses to all your DLC, and arcade/retail downloads, to the new account?  Or are you just out of luck there as well.  

Sorry this didn't help.

PS3 is a fine console with some great titles. Xbox is another fine console with some great titles. I play online on both and the 360 is far better in this arena. The migration of an account to another region can only be done every year. If someone got your WLID info and did this you will have to wait it out. In order for Microsoft to allow someone to migrate an account they have to make sure it follows american market place laws and Russian market place laws. These types of UA's are the most destructive to a persons account and i think its an option that should be removed from us and something that we have to request from phone support after passing all security short of a urine sample.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just happen to me 25 day lock

Sorry this didn't help.

Happened to me today also. So I will have Visa take a pop-shot at Microsoft since we are paying for a service we cannot actually use. Keep in mind I said service. We do not own the virtual property but we do have the rights to the Xbox service.

Sorry this didn't help.