Account Hacked, info not all mine?

Just recently realized that the name and credit card and phone number attached to my account are NOT mine. I am not [Removed by Moderator], my phone number is not [Removed by Moderator], and I do not have a credit card expiring in 2012 that ends in [Removed by Moderator]

My email address is however the same. 

What action can be taken by whom in what channel? And I know that at least it seems my credit info isn't available on there/wasn't available on there, and I've had no akward purchases ever--but is there legal action possible against someone for something such as this? These are the kind of people that I'd like to nail to the wall in whatever ways I'm able. Kind of ridiculous. Not that I use my account nearly ever, thus that I haven't realized it. But I haven't touched my Xbox in months, and there are recently played games from Novemer 2013 that I don't even own on my history, and the mere threat of compromised info seems to me to be crime enough on someone's part, couldn't something such as this be construed as a borderline type of identity theft?

Anyone with experience in this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hoping a mod removes this information immediately.  Not Aaron, why would you post that info in a public forum?  Just call up support, cancel the membership, remove the credit card, clear out the info, change your password, and verify that you have all your security proofs locked down.  If you're able to log into the account, then you're the one in control.  All Xbox Support can do is help you regain control if you're locked out, or recommend you go to your bank to dispute charges.  But since it wasn't you who was charged, you don't need to worry about that.  And don't post personal info in public forums, even if you think the info belongs to thieves.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

He apparently felt it was fine to leave his personal information lying about where it shouldn't.

Felt I'd keep up the spirit, no skin off my [MOD REMOVED]. He wants to get his information to places it does't belong, I'll help out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Disowned,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your account.

I would recommend following the steps in our article on What to Do if you Account has been Compromised

Sorry this didn't help.