Account Hacked - Help Please!

Hi, first time poster - never had any issues but I need to dispute some purchases not made by me.

Basically someone today has hacked into my account and purchased two points bundles for 1000 points and 5000 points, I haven't done this because I've been at work all day busy. Also as far as I can tell is they have played some Fifa 11 and downloaded some Duke Nukem gamerpics. Everything else that I can see through my account history has been purchased by me. Also I had about 430 points before today which has now been spent and I am down to 30, can I get these added back to my account?

I need to know if I can get the cost of these points refunded and have anything that was downloaded today and bought with these points (18/08/11) removed from my account. Any help would be appreciated!

What I also want to do is remove the current card associated with the account, but I can't do this through the xbox as it asks me for either paypal or another card (Don't use paypal, don't want to use another card - I would like to update my gold through points cards bought through shops from this point on). Can this payment option pleased be removed entirely?

Thanks for any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Your best off to call Xbox support ASAP!  In the US it is  1-800-4MY-XBOX

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you feel your account has been compromised then you need to call Support immediately and have them open an Unauthorised Access case http://support.xbox.com/pages/call-us.aspx

Here is a handy link about account security that may help you in the future http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/account-security.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Call support right now and get an unauthorised access investigation opened.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help, I will dial the number but I live in the UK, is there any UK numbers I can call?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try this

0800 587 1102

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for all the help, called the 0800 number and the account has now been locked for investigation. Appreciate all the help guys!

Sorry this didn't help.

If it makes you feel any better the exact same thing happened to me on the same day. Had to cancel my credit card, and reset all my passwords and password questions. It was someone in China because the password questions were changed into the Chinese characters for "The first pet you owned?" or something like that. It has been a real pain in my side all morning though.

What I wonder though is they only spent like 1000MSP of the 6000 they bought on my account and yet the 6140 that should have been on there after their purchase of 6k is leveled out to 0. Do they have some way they are buying points and transferring them to another account, or do we just not see them because China has a different XBL market than us?

Regardless I am glad I stumbled across this thread. I will have to give that number a call when I get home from the bank and open a claim with them as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think they managed to spend all the points, I had 430 or so I had saved up through the rewards scheme etc and I am down to 30 (not counting the 6000 they purchased). I have no idea what they spent it on either, all I can account for in my history is a picture pack and I doubt that costs nearly 6500 points - I assume if you buy points you can only spend them on the account you buy them on and are unable to transfer them elsewhere.

Anyhow the guys on the support line are super helpful and the max they said an investigation will take is 30 days, so hopefully you should get your issue sorted quickly!

Sorry this didn't help.

If you look at your purchase history you can see exactly what they have purchased with the points. In my case the bought kinect, fruit ninja, and 3 pinball game add-ons which I couldn't imagine together cost more than 2000 points.

The fact that I resecured my account, and the bank is erasing my charge is enough of a reason for me not to report any of it officially.

I am sure plenty of stolen accounts go unreported based entirely off the month of time they lock your account after you report it compromised.

Sorry this didn't help.