Account Hacked - But shows an oddity, I cant work it out.

Please move this post if in incorrect forum.

I had my account hacked day before yesterday, whilst I was playing, very strange.  I signed into another account where I was a friend, to see this guy had downloaded street fighter and was playing it (cheeky mf).  Anyway, although they he/she changed the password I could still sign in online, and I see they bought 6000ms points.  

Straighty away I call xbox, who say they suspended the account, 6 weeks until resolved, might get money back might not etc etc.  Anyway, my issue is not with the 6 weeks, although it is very slow.  My issue is that the downloads were near enough ALL from what I had viewed that day.  I viewed dead rising 2 and decided not to buy (by view I mean I read the content and saw some of the screenshots), I viewed street fighter 3, I viewed magic gathering, and all three of these games were then downloaded.  

I'm not stupid, I didnt click buy, by accident.  I even leave an old CC on account in case that ever happens, so I get a fail if I don't change payment option. In any case if I had, they would be on my Xbox and they are not.

Its just weird, its like xbox got the hackers to download things I might like, so they can posible say in the future we are not giving money back and I might actually let it slide.  I Have to say if I don't get my money back (and I have already stopped the card from my bank and instigated a charge back against the purchase), then I will leave Xbox Live and just play offline or have a silver membership.  Its not a threat, i'm 27, I don't need to play games, I only do so for an hour or so a week anyway.  It just makes me mad that this obviously has happened to others, but I cant find much information on-line about it.

Anyway, heads up to everyone who has same password on their EA / windows live account as they do on their xbox live account.  I would change them quickly.  Apparently this is the cause. I Hope it doesn't happen to you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I don't understand. If you know how your account was compromised why are you blaming MS for it? EA being compromised isn't MS's fault or responsibility. MS also didn't tell anyone to use the same e-mail and password from site to site and/or service to service. If anything instead of boycotting Live you should boycott EA.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am assuming it was due EA or Live, I don't know the person who hacked my account.

I will boycott Xbox live if they do not refund me.  You want to know why?  Because I have previously tried to remove my card from my account, both the cards in fact, so that I could use prepay cards only.  Since I was not able to do this without kicking an xbox live staff member in the nuts and making them do it, I decided forget about it.

If they made it easier to remove details this wouldn't have happened.

They wont be getting their £51 anyway as I have cancelled the card and instigated a charge back.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

in addition a guy called

shade219

Has sent my gt a friend request - can only assume they are something to do with the hack.  And why can I still sign on here if they changed my password. This is all a scam from xbox I am sure of it.

Sorry this didn't help.

If this is the account in question then you need to change the password immediately to avoid any further compromises. Also, it is not allowed to name and shame other players within the forums.

If there is an active subscription on a credit/debit card then MS will not remove it until that subscription runs out. In order for that to happen you would need to contact support first and have them turn off auto renewal, then once the subscription ran out and the account reverted back to silver you would be able to remove the credit/debit card via calling them back or from Account Management here at the website.

It is no scam.

Sorry this didn't help.

it should have been on a monthly renewal, anything else and Microsoft changed it themselves.

Why should i have to jump through hoops like that.  There should be a button. 'remove card' - simple, done, finito, finished, question answered and solved.

And you are wrong, if you were correct, I would be able to remove the old card, which is no longer being charged with anything, and I can't.

I know something is being covered up, Playstations mess up went public, I hope the same happens here.

Sorry this didn't help.

UPDATE-

Bought a 3 month pre paid card today (which was the lowest I could find, I wanted 1 month) just so I could load it on, and possibly remove the cards.  No, Xbox wont allow that, now all of a suddent they are having problems with their system, please try again later!

Seriously, the money isnt the issue, I just want my details off their servers and out of their grubby little paws.

Someone from Xbox do the proper thing, call me and sort this out.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have an active subscription and/or owe MS money you will not be able to remove your payment instrument until you resolve that billing issue. Once you do that you will be able to adjust your payment options.

And pre-paid cards do not work if you have an account that is in arears. You must use a valid credit/debit card to pay off the outstanding balance.

You will need to call support to resolve this.

Sorry this didn't help.

i shouldnt have to call them, they have an ongoing investigation into my account.  I damn well expect them to email/call me to say it is sorted out.  For a case like this to take 30 days or more shows how much it is happening to other people.

My account is not in arrears anyway, Xbox owes ME money/time.  

Just sort it out, I dont expect this much trouble from an on-line gaming service.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="K a L o Z o i S"]

For a case like this to take 30 days or more shows how much it is happening to other people.

[/quote]

The only thing this proves is how many people do not practice account security. If more people did that the length of time it took to investigate would be much less.

Sorry this didn't help.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it appears that our Phone Support team is helping. For more information on account security, please visit our new sticky page, here: forums.xbox.com/.../361372.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.