Account hacked and worst customer experience ever with Xbox Support!

My xbox account was hacked in November. I got home from work to find my account had migrated and when I migrated it back found somebody had been playing FIFA and stole 3500 points. They also tried to buy Zune points with my credit card buy luckily it had expired.

I couldn’t contact Xbox that night as their offices were closed but phoned them the following day from work. They told me they couldn’t do anything without my console serial number which I couldn’t give them as I was at work. By the time I got back from work their offices had closed so again I could do nothing.

When I finally managed to tell them about the hacking they were entirely unhelpful and unfriendly. As I paying customer they didn’t see that making me wait to play online for 30 days while they looked into the case was a little unfair. Anyway, I just wanted my points back so I bit the bullet. I also asked them to remove my credit card from the account and delete the FIFA gamer points as I didn’t want a constant reminder that somebody had stole my profile identity.

About a month later I got a generic email - not even addressed to me but to ‘Dear customer’ - telling me my dispute had been resolved and a code giving me a month’s extra membership which I didn’t feel was good enough.

What’s more, my points were not reimbursed and after 10 days when they still didn’t appear I phoned them again. The FIFA score was also not taken off my account and more importantly my credit card was still linked to me account. In fact, in the 30 days I had been disconnected from Xbox Live they appeared to have done absolutely nothing.

When I spoke to the representative they asked me for the last 4 digits of my credit card – which should have no longer been linked to my account – and my secret question answer which earlier I told them was also compromised to access my account. I was then told my case would be escalated to a top agent and my points would be put back in a few days.

A week later when my points had still not appeared I phoned them again. The representative that time seemed to find no record of my previous conversation but said he would sort it out asap but it could take 25 days.

I was pretty fed up by this point but just wanted my xbox points back so agreed. When I got home, however, I found I had been disconnected from Xbox live again – the representative told me nothing about this having to happen again.

The following day I phoned them again. The person on the phone told me my account has been suspended while they investigate the case! It seemed to be a vicious circle with no progression whatsoever! I was adamant they my account should not be suspended again as apparently the hacking had already been looked into. I finally managed to get them to reinstate my live privileges….as of yet though I still don’t have my points back.

I have been a member of live since 2007 and have over 60 games and I am on my 3rd xbox….I would probably have continued buying Xbox product for many years to come buy am utterly disgusted with the company now. This is the worse customer experience I have ever experienced. I have never given my Xbox details to anybody and was generally concerned and interested in the reasons how and why I was hacked. I have had no explanation, no apology, no reimbursement and not even a semblance of any interest in my issues since I lodged my initial query.

I really think Microsoft need to be investigated regarding the nature of these hackings and their subsequent reaction to them. I also wonder if anyone else has experienced such ineptitude and disregard from Xbox Support?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I'm presently experiecing what you discribed (Merry go round ride) As a paying customer I exspect good customer service and the ability of the vendor to resolve issues timely. This is forth year as a customer but may be my last.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Welcome to the club...  Nine year XBL member and didn't get any more love than you did/are.  If you're at your wits end, file a BBB complaint in the state of Washington.  At least that route you MAY get someone less of a robot and a little more human... may.

Sorry this didn't help.

it is day 47 for me, a Microsoft representative just yelled at me and a manager told me that since I'm calling Xbox will delay my account even longer.  I asked him if that was even legal.

It's going to be hard explaining to my son why we're going to have to sell this Xbox and all these games I purchased.  Right now the Xbox is his favorite thing in the world.

Sorry this didn't help.

87 days for me on my account that was hacked and migrated to Russia.  I gave up calling since it's a total waste of time since they have all my info (alternate e-mail etc.) and it has been under investigation for quite a while (i.e. it isn't just sitting there.).

I filed a BBB complaint the end of December, but haven't heard anything.  Status on the complaint just says they're waiting for a response from MS and that they have until Feb 17 to respond.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a similar problem where my account was accessed " by another xbox 360 console " and multilple ms points were purchased and gold subcriptions and for some reason FIFA 12 had two achievements ( I have never played this game or any other FIFA game in my life). And the two times purchases were made and FIFA was played my xbox was currently in a house where we had NO internet connection! I need MIcrosoft to refund all these purchases. I have had to ring the bank and cancel my card while trying to reverse payments from their end as Microsoft Support is of NO help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing with me, 5 years with 360, now on day 30.

While I was refunded my money quickly, They ****ed up the original alternate email I gave them, had to call days later when I finally got that email to add it to my WLID account. Got the live code on the correct alt. But then I get a call asking for another alt, because the one I gave is already on the account. OF COURSE IT IS, I just gave it to you??? Since then have heard nothing on that account, and no one I talk to on the phone has anything to say other than it's still an open case.I log on here and look in the billing section, and I see the original, wrong WLID was still on there (so I added the right one), and am wondering what they are doing? Meanwhile a guy on the same board as me on gamefaqs was jacked by the same guy  from china. At this rate I would have rather just disputed with paypal and never said anything to MS in the first place.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same exact thing, every bit of it the same as VillageSpaceman.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can I join?

forums.xbox.com/.../211728.aspx

I've been told that due to the fact I traded in my console, and therefore cannot give them the serial number, they're not actually taking my case any further. 3000+ points gone, Fifa... etc...

I have since bought another console but only now that my account is unlocked can I actually use it.

As I said in the thread I made, this issue is gaining ground but MS don't want to face a new load of expenditure.

Sorry this didn't help.

They need the console id/sn to track activity on the console.

Try this trick: Sign into your gt and go to the license transfer tool. There it should show all console id's your gt has used. ID is the most important part. If you can see your console ID there, call back to support and file your claim.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a feeling I'm heading down that path, and mine isn't even hard.  

I don't have an active CC on file (I left my expired one on there because I don't like having a CC connected) so this person hacked my account, and put either his own CC on or a stolen one on and used my 400 pts plus he bought 1200 pts and bought a bunch of games with it.  I called and did all that stuff on Feb 13 (11 days ago), I called last friday, and they told me they didn't have a correct e-mail or whatever (I gave them 2 emails), whatever, so I just gave them an e-mail again.  Well, turn to today, I just called, and all I got was, I have no updates, sorry.

What a joke, just give me the 400 pts, and my acct back, that's all you gotta do

Sorry this didn't help.