Account Hacked and then Suspended

This is the second time I'm posting this. The first time I tried in the Suspension forum, but received an email saying that that was not the appropriate place for it. Please, please, please, for the love of god, if this is not the place for this post at least tell me where to go with this and don't just delete like the my last post so I have to re-write it a third time!!!

Hello,
I'm writing to express my frustration. On September 1, 2011, I noticed that I had some fradulent charges on my XBOX Live account. I called support, jumped through the appropriate hoops and was told my account would be suspended pending an investigation by the fraud department. At the time they said those kinds of things usually take 7-12 days. Since then (over a month ago), I've not heard a single thing back from XBOX or Microsoft on this issue. I've called every week since then (5 or so times) and they politely tell me that their department has no phone number, no email, no contact of any kind with the fraud people. I have no issues at all with the phone support people. They've all been very polite and sort of have their hands tied.

Where I get annoyed is I have no idea what is happening with my account. I have received no updates. Were it not for me calling, I wouldn't have even spoken to anyone affiliated with Microsoft. Every time I call I'm quoted a time further and further out due to the fact that those support folks can't get in touch with the people who have any kind of information.

I realize that everyone is busy. And I realize that this process takes time and you're doing what you can do to make things safe. However, I can't help but feel like I'm just lost somewhere. I have had not contact and no updates and I want my account back. I'm sure it seems silly to be getting upset about an XBOX Live account, but I feel like I've spent a lot of time and effort on it and it's an important thing for me. The complete and utter lack of information is the worst part of all this. If I had SOME kind of indication as to status or what's being worked on I might feel better.

As it is, I'm feeling quite down on XBOX Live at the moment. I purchased Live on another account which sort of rubs me the wrong way as I've already purchased it on my original one.

My apoligies for the rambling nature of this, but I need to express my frustration. I just want my account back. The icing on the cake is I have no faith that this feedback will do any shred of good whatsoever. Please prove me wrong!

Thank you for your time,
Aaron Marriner
Live Id: amarriner [at] amarriner (dot) com (old Live ID before it was removed by hacker)
Gamertag: amarriner
Support Ticket: 1161063522

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Suspensions is correct.  That is not the forum to deal with your issue.  Unfortunately, you will have to call support again and try to get them to find your account.  Hopefully you still have the reference number from the original issue.  If you don't get satisfaction from the person you are speaking with, ask to speak with a supervisor.

Good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

damn, i feel your pain. i was hacked on september 25th. i had over a year and a half left on my account. hacker bought a family plan and points and transferred them to their account. you would think that it would ring a bell that a person buys a family plan when they still have over a year and a half of service left. but the even dumber thing is that, it updated my account to the 1 year gold for family plan, basically saying my origianl remaining time would have been lost. how dumb is that...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.