Account Hacked and MOVED to Russia on 8/22/2011 - Investigation not started or even put in queue until 9/16!!!!

So that means I apparently have to wait 22 days from 9/16/2011 to get a resolution. 

And Gears of War comes out tomorrow.

My account is hacked, I call MINUTES after the account was hacked on 8/22 and apparently it was not logged correctly and now I have to wait 30 days from 9/16.

Utterly ridiculous.  Someone needs to tell me what the hell is going on.  This is the worst customer service I have experienced yet.  Sony handled there hacking misfortunes extremely well.  MS just like to pretend its the customers fault. 

I want my money back, I want compensation for having to create a new Live account to play any games.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

You're account wasn't hacked. LIVE accounts cannot be "hacked" but you can be phished. There is a difference between each term. Just work with the support team to get your account back. Investigates for these kind of issues take a long time. As for not being able to play Gears of War 3, there is a free gold weekend coming up on the weekend of October 1st. Create another account if you really want to play.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Phished or hacked, WHATEVER.  My account was accessed without my authorization, and then transferred to Russia.  And your support team failed to document it correctly.

Your obvious suggestion to create a new account to play Gears of War 3 I already did.  Read my original post more carefully.  If you cannot provide anything useful then find someone else who can.

My issue is with your support team failing document my original problem.  My isssue is with Microsoft trying to push these "PHISHING" issues as the fault of me the customer.  My issue is with your response being completely un-helpful and being borderline offensive because it was cobbled together with little thougt and reflects your failure to read my initial post.

I want my account back, and I want my money returned.  Tell me when that will happen and how this will be prevented in the future.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

The phishing issues is a Customer problem - you, in theory, provided these yahoo's the info they needed to do all this to your account. Granted xbl should have a facebook system where you can not login to a new system unless you enter a passcode sent to your cell phone number on file. But this would not work in all Countries.

But then again your bank does not do that yet either...

If $ has been charged to your CC please contact your bank and have the charges refunded and the CC info changed.

Other then that - only use your Login information on xbox.com - if your email has been compromised change the password on that as well. Since you PS3 was hacked, you should have changed Every password you have on all websites that used the same email and/or password.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your account was migrated to Russia there is no way to undo that change.  No one who has replied to this thread works for ms so berating someone trying to help isn't really helping you any.  Since xbox live has not been hacked like the playstation network was losing control of your account is on you.  You will have to make a new account until they change the migration rules, which could be a really long time or never.

Sorry this didn't help.

Giddyup: Can you PM me the GT in question, along with the SR# from the call, and a link to this thread please? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I was also hacked on September 19. Account transfered to South Africa and I was not phised.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sillarii: If you haven't already, please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) in your region to start an Unauthorized Access investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ OP - from my experience so far, if your account gets transfered to another region. it may be awhile before you get your account back. my account was comprimised on the 14th of july and migrated to colombia. i recieved one email on 8/2 and haven't heard anything else since.

Sorry this didn't help.

9/24/2011 mine was hacked...i say that because i use a random password generator so for EX it could be K4hs65LG. every account i use uses different passwords. i caught it early so they only charged espn season ticket but still dont have MY account for how ever long it takes them to figure this out

Sorry this didn't help.