Account got hacked :(

well about a week ago my account was hacked (skater guy 57)and the first thing i did was call xbox support and they told me its being investigated. But i don't understand why they cant just change the hacked email and replace it with  my parental email that linked to (skater guy 57) and the account im using now.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

So when this kind of thing happens they recover the account and  do an investigation into how the user got the account and also charges that were made while the account was hacked so the charges can be refunded. It takes a little bit of time but they will get back to you when the investigation is complete.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You did the correct thing to call 1800-4My-Xbox. It's not that easy for them just to change the email, that's your responsibility. You are responsible for your own account. All you can do is wait and be patient for support to finish with the investigation on your account. It could take up to 45 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's some more info on Account Security and what you should do if your account is compromised: http://xbox.com/security

Sorry this didn't help.