Account ending/canceled day before Expiration

My Xbox live account was scheduled to expire on Friday Feb 8, 2013 and was not set to renew.

On Thursday at approx 8:30 (central us time), I had received a cancelation email from microsoft and my xbox gold was disabled.   I'm not sure if expiring accounts usually cancel at midnight, but I feel there is an issue because my account was cut off almost 4 hours before when it should have been cut off.  I had planned on playing an online game that night and was disappointed when I logged on Thursday around 9pm, only to find that my gold account had already been disabled.  I feel at the very least, i should atleast get the benefit of my account until midnight local time, not 3.5 hours before hand.

From: MSFT *XBOX LIVE (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
Sent: Thu 2/07/13 8:31 PM

This mail is confirmation that your subscription to Prepaid 3M Xbox LIVE Gold has been cancelled on Friday, February 08, 2013.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

Hey there Chad! For billing issues like this your best bet would be to contact us directly and speak to a billing agent. They should be able to help explain what happened. Let us know how that goes, thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks but I dont have time to sit on hold (25 min wait time according to the status) to try to resolve this.  Its just another frustration dealing with Xbox.  I just wonder bother renewing. Thanks anyways though.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Aaah, yeah I hear you.  You could also try to hit up chat support- they do have shorter wait times sometimes.

Sorry this didn't help.