Account email defunct

I've been trying to register my Xbox Live profile on my new Xbox One so I can play on it. To do that, I need the email associated with the account and the password. I have both, but the email address itself is defunct. I got rid of it and moved to the next one. I would change emails on my account to the new one, but to do that I need to enter the login information for the old one. When I do, it says the information is invalid, because the account doesn't exist anymore.

I tried to fill out the form to verify the information, but all the things it asked of me were filled out over 6 years ago and I don't remember any of them. I don't know what my favorite childhood book in 2009 was. And even if I passed the check, all it would do is give me the password for the account/reset the password, but that is useless since the account now doesn't exist in the first place.

What do I do?

Also, I tried to do the live chat thing with support, but it wouldn't let me because it didn't have my first and last name. Yet I couldn't even fill out the fields to enter them, they were locked. It's like telling me to get up and then punching me down again. Telling me to open a locked door.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:
Answer

This is an account issue that you would need to contact phone support for http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

or 1-800-469-9269

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.