Account details and using points.

Hi. I am a very new member to xbox live so need a little help. I joined ok via my xbox 360 recently but then noticed that I had misspelt my e.mail address. After checking online I changed my details via my computer. When going back to correct them via my xbox I was informed that I could only change details every 30 days. I now have one address and gamer tag on my xbox and differnet details on my pc. I have purchased xbox live points to buy games but now do not know if all will be ok when I download the games on my xbox. Could someone help please and tell how I can correct this and if my points will add to my account and then download games properly? I have not added the points yet as unsure.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Your points will be downloaded to your XBL account for the profile/gamertag you use when you download on your xbox. Your email address is irrelevant when playing or downloading games on your xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First, let's forget this generic gamertag you created on Xbox.com. Go to your console, open up your Account Management, and find your WLID listed there. Use this WLID and your password to log into Xbox.com. It should now show your proper GT. As for changing your WLID, refer to this guide (forums.xbox.com/.../37357.aspx). I would recommend doing this on your console to avoid further complications.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.