Account Compromised - Trying to get game removed

A few days ago my account was compromised.  I now have the account back, and the MS Points that were used.  However, the game that they played, FIFA 12, is still in my account history, along with the achievements that were won.  I don't want the game on my history, nor do I want the achievements.  When I called Xbox support, they said they can't remove it.  How is this possible?  When an account is banned, they zero out the points on that person's account.  Why can't this same function happen on 1 game on my account?  This seems incredibly silly that this wouldn't be able to be done. I'm hoping that the information I was given was incorrect.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

They were correct in telling you that, it's unfortunate this has happened to you but what the support agent told you was correct. Once an achievement has been earned in a title it's not possible to remove that game or any of those achievements. Those will stay with that account. The only times they reset gamer scores are when they are reset for cheating, a big mark is left on the persons profile telling others that the user has cheated. That's not possible to do for 1 game, it's reset for all games and even then those achievements are always still visible the points disappear.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello SynAck,

I do apologize for your account being compromised, but really glad that you got your account back!

Unfortuatnely, MS Customer Support is correct.

They cannot remove the achievments and the history of the game on your account.

From other's that have had this issue, it is an unfortunate situation, and they cannot remove the history/achievments of the ANY game that is on your console. It is there for good i'm afraid. :(

Happy Gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

Then they should really revise this policy.  They obviously have the functionality to zero out a game, because they can do it with banned accounts.  There's no reason why this shouldn't be able to be done with one game.

Sorry this didn't help.

They do not zero out games with account bans. When an account is banned the gamer score is not reset, you can always look at the gamerscore. They do not zero out a single game as it's not even possible to do so. They zero out the whole account only when the gamer tag is banned for cheating and the gamer score is reset.

Sorry this didn't help.

And even with a gamerscore reset they don't remove the game from the game history. They just remove the achievements from the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Hassassinade - Ok, but the fact that they zero out ANYTHING means that they can do it in some fashion.  If they really don't have the ability (which I honestly still doubt, I'm sure there's files on some server or rows in some database somewhere that contain that information), it's obviously possible that they could if they wanted to, and they probably should.

@Smwutches - If they were to remove the achievements from the game I wanted, I could simply delete it from my list myself.

Sorry this didn't help.

If they do a gamerscore reset to 0 out the achievements, the system won't let you remove the game from your game history.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is really something that should be changed. i recently got ninja gaiden 3 and after the first couple levels i no longer want to broadcast to the world that i played this piece of crap

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, SynAck and Plunderin! I can see that you have some feedback about this matter. The best way to offer your suggestions is to post in the official feedback forum: forums.xbox.com/.../133.aspx. This will make sure that your feedback reaches the optimal audience. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.