Account Cancellation

Before I state my concern I would like to vent please.... ESPECIALLY since you are forcing me or constantly "Suggesting" that I go to online support for help.

I HATE THIS TEDIOUS CRAP THAT MICROSOFTS FORCES ME TO DO BECAUSE THEY DONT WANNA FRIGGIN TALK TO ME IM NOT SURE HOW EVERYONE FEELS SO I WILL SPEAK FOR MYSELF I HATE THIS ON LINE SUPPORT CRAP!!! I WANT TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TELL THEM MY PROBLEM AND THEY TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT!! THIS FORUM STUFF AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS IRRELAVENT TO ME!!! DONT MEAN TO SOUND LIKE AN *** BUT THIS IS FROM MEH HEART AND SINCE YOUR MAKING ME DO THIS IM GOING TO TELL YOU HOW I FEEL...

i would hate if some one was to sign on here and change my password for themselves my main account has been a member since 2007 and its original...  none of this (XxXGamertagXxX) or this (iGamertagi) not even (Gamertag9547) it is just (Gamertag) I love my gamertag, and the empire i have created with it. If i lose it because "online support" was too slow, I will suggest to anyone with an xbox and try my best to convince them all that online support is useless. Sure maybe there is more I could do to help myself, but i tried and the next best thing is the customer service line, but they keep saying go online and read through the online customer service options. NO!!! I do not have the time!! the time it took me to type this message we couldve been solved my problem...

Thanks for listning :)...

Now, Here is my problem,

I want to delete this current account thus making the name and email available. THEN, I want to use this email address on my main account because someone recovered my main gamertag w/o my consent I dont know who so I want to use the information on this account for my main account.

(You) Why dont you just change you password or reset via a reset link.

(me) The email listed doesnt exist anymore. Which is why i want to use the email(my current one) from this account on my other one.

(You) Why didnt you think of that as soon as you made the e-mail address

(Me) I dont kno Im Sorry, it wasnt my main concern at the time, even tho I love video games... I have a life.

Just help me save my "O.G" gamertag b4 some idiot claims it as his/her own and makes me depressed and consumed in hatred for a while. And I DARE "online support" to igore my frustration because i WILL go as high in the cooperate world as I can which to you may not seem like much but i WILL surprise you... -Sigh- I apologize for my rudeness. I just take you guys seriously, and it doesnt seem as  if you take the customer (ME) seriously.

Have a good day/night please contact me ASAP!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there Fatal Spawn!  You can delete your Windows Live account, but not your Xbox LIVE account.  You can do that by going to account.live.com and signing into the account you want to be deleted and then select "Close my/your account" and follow the prompts.  Then you can do that.  I wanted to do the same thing your wanting to do and this is how I got it to work. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you raised an Unauthorised Access investigation for the account you say someone recovered? That seems like the root of your problem here, and you can only do that with phone support.

Also just for reference, pretty much any support to do with Windows Live ID's and passwords has to be done online. Phone support can not change, remove or delete a Windows Live ID from an account and the same goes for passwords. You have to do that yourself online at account.live.com. It is YOUR information after all, you created it, you set it as it is, its up to YOU to manage it.

Good luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

it is possible for the phone techs to change your pass and what not, and also give you, your secret question anwser, as i had also the same problem, roughly about 2-4 hours ago... i called tech and they reseted it for me... on this gamertag and all....they are not ment to do it tho, (bold and yelling) BUT, they aren't ment to do it tho... even if you can prove who you are and what not....

you just need to prove you are you and the owner of the account with more information then that is needed for just basic tech support,

hope you take this into consideration... :/

and sorry for your loss

Sorry this didn't help.

Im sorry OC but phone support can not reset a password. Did they explain how they done this when you contacted them?

They can see a secret question though, that is part of the security they have to pass to gain access to and deal with an account when you call and they will ask you to answer it, as well as some billing information.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Fatal Spawn"]I want to delete this current account thus making the name and email available.[/quote]

You'll have to pay the 800 Points to change this account's gamertag to something else, then pay the 800 Points on your other account to re-grab your gamertag.

You can also change this account's Live ID (email address) to another one on a console, freeing up the Live ID to be re-used by your other account.

(No, you can't simply delete a gamertag/account. You have to change things as outlined.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Danno

Sorry this didn't help.

I HAVE SPENT  2 HOUR TRYING TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT I DO NOT WANT TO RENEW MY ACCOUNT WITH XBOX OR MICROSOFT, IT SUCKS YOU HAVE NO SUPPORT TEAM THIS IS BS I WANT MY ACCUNT CANCEL ASAP YOU TOOK THE MONEY AND NOW I WANT IT BACK.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Wall. Support team here! Here is the directions on how to Cancel Xbox LIVE

If you have any further questions, please create a new thread. 

Sorry this didn't help.