Account associated to a Gamertag?

My daughter (8) has a gamertag on my xbox 360 and when she tries to access any game it prompts for live account username + password.

I thought it was mine but it doesn't accept data with error code 8015D002.

Also, trying to go to Settings -> Account..it won't let me because "Account" is greyed-out (well, greened-out).

How can I proceed?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  That error code suggests an incorrect email or password or two-step verification is interfering with the login process.

Try the steps at this link

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-8015d002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, unfortunately I already tried that help page but I don't have a 2-step verification, and I can normally access my MS email address (so no pw issue either)

* is there a way to "reset" the account associated to my daughter (or any), gamertag?

* why can't I access Settings -> Account ?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

i'm afraid there is no way to reset the account. Are you sure you are using the correct email address + password for her account? What for example happens when you login at xbox.com with those details, does it show her gamertag? If it doesnt show her gamertag try the steps shown here on try to find what the email address is that is connected to her gamertag: support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account-solution

If you can't use any of the steps mentioned I advise you to contact Xbox Support so they can take a more indepth look, they are able to see what the email address is for a certain gamertag, but they will ask a few questions to verify ownership.

The reason why you can't access Settings - Account is because an account needs to be signed in in order to access it.

Sorry this didn't help.